Maxy's on now!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good call wombat.
Would've missed it without the reminder.
I forgot how quick thrower was.
And I ain't never going to get sick of that punch up against newtown.
And his insights into my favourite Manly team the 78 warhorses.
For all the young folk who weren't around as Molly says " do yourself a favour " and learn as much about em as you can.

Good call wombat.
Would've missed it without the reminder.
I forgot how quick thrower was.
And I ain't never going to get sick of that punch up against newtown.
And his insights into my favourite Manly team the 78 warhorses.
For all the young folk who weren't around as Molly says " do yourself a favour " and learn as much about em as you can.

They were some sort of team those guys, full of Stars of the day.

The bomb thrower.

Great stuff.

Love to know where his nickname come from..

Cause of his heritage I believe
I think that's right, he's of Croatian heritage and at the time he came to prominence (and after) there was ongoing conflict between sections of then Yugoslavia, including involving Serbia and Croatia. There was a protracted and violent conflict - including bombings - (possibly in furtherance of Croatian independence? I've a good friend with the same background I'll check with her and confirm!) and anyway back when Krilich was coming through there weren't many players of his ethnic background so the nickname I'm sure was intended as light-hearted.
He was also at times called Orange, which I think was reference to the shape of his head!
Either way, he is a genuine Sea Eagles champion and legend, and I'm pleased to have met him, albeit briefly!

That’s sad that I was the one who started the post and three and a bit years later, I’m on here asking how "the bomb thrower " got his nickname. I haven’t got a nickname ( being called four letter words is not the same!). But if I did, it’d be "sieve"....as in " memory like a .....".

That’s sad that I was the one who started the post and three and a bit years later, I’m on here asking how "the bomb thrower " got his nickname. I haven’t got a nickname ( being called four letter words is not the same!). But if I did, it’d be "sieve"....as in " memory like a .....".

How about The Sifter?
Sounds mysterious....

I think that's right, he's of Croatian heritage and at the time he came to prominence (and after) there was ongoing conflict between sections of then Yugoslavia, including involving Serbia and Croatia. There was a protracted and violent conflict - including bombings - (possibly in furtherance of Croatian independence? I've a good friend with the same background I'll check with her and confirm!) and anyway back when Krilich was coming through there weren't many players of his ethnic background so the nickname I'm sure was intended as light-hearted.
He was also at times called Orange, which I think was reference to the shape of his head!
Either way, he is a genuine Sea Eagles champion and legend, and I'm pleased to have met him, albeit briefly!
Actually i thought that Max had a Serbian background like the Trbojevi s [ but only was under the impression ] . Read once that there was a Serbian or Yugoslavian community presence in the northern part of the Peninsula at one stage at least in past times . That is also how i thought that Max "s nickname originated from with some of the political issues or tensions at the time . Fortunately seems a lot more harmonious for quite some time now between those respective ethnic groups and regardless of his heritage .

Actually i thought that Max had a Serbian background like the Trbojevi s [ but only was under the impression ] . Read once that there was a Serbian or Yugoslavian community presence in the northern part of the Peninsula at one stage at least in past times . That is also how i thought that Max "s nickname originated from with some of the political issues or tensions at the time . Fortunately seems a lot more harmonious for quite some time now between those respective ethnic groups and regardless of his heritage .
Mate , Max was a pure Wog just like the rest of us

That’s sad that I was the one who started the post and three and a bit years later, I’m on here asking how "the bomb thrower " got his nickname. I haven’t got a nickname ( being called four letter words is not the same!). But if I did, it’d be "sieve"....as in " memory like a ....."
Must be too focused on sausage roll eating and a cruisey Gold Coast lifestyle Would not be too concerned .

Max is of Croatian heritage, from Korcula...present day Croatia..but may choose to consider himself Yugoslav.
Mona Vale was a location for newly arrived migrants in the form of a migrant camp.
Mona Vale to this day has a strong Serbian presence as far as the Serbian Australian community is concerned.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6