Matty Johns Podcast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Probably should have added they talk about it for a good twenty minutes. Matty s lit from the Storm perspective as he worked with Crink at the time. Still a good listen tho. Talking about that game never gets old no matter what the perspective!

I was at a small event in early 2009 and Wayne Bennett was the guest speaker.

When it was time for questions from the floor I asked him about 40-0. He said basically what Johns said, Manly had them after the Brookvale defeat in round 22. He said he might not of predicted that score but he said it was always gonna be a one side GF.

Wasn't the Storm like a mill or more over the cap? Anyone recall the actual number? It was epic that year.

“The second half with the game in the balance, bomb goes up and Mick Crocker hits Brett Stewart, knocks him out."

I thought that was kick-off 1st half...Oh dear, memory must be fading

“The second half with the game in the balance, bomb goes up and Mick Crocker hits Brett Stewart, knocks him out."

I thought that was kick-off 1st half...Oh dear, memory must be fading
yeah second half, we were only down 10-4 at that point, finished the 1st half off pretty well with a matai try after a nervous start. Game over once Brett went off.

yeah second half, we were only down 10-4 at that point, finished the 1st half off pretty well with a matai try after a nervous start. Game over once Brett went off.
Yep and it was 100% intentional. Straight instruction from Bellamy at halftime. Not unlike in karate kid where the cobra Kai Sensei instructs his pupil to “sweep the leg”!

I just made the time to sit down and re-watch that 08 GF for the first time since watching it live. What a great time in our history. I was emotional watching it even after all these years.

A team full of class, mixed with blue collar workers busting a gut and playing their role. And more importantly, what a team performance.

Slater's outright dangerous, grubby play in this GF was horrible. There should have been a couple of 8 point tries.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6