Matty Johns Manly preview

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Err...can I also add that I don't pay for the telegraph (nor any papers)....I just typed it in the intergoogle and it appeared.

I wouldn't want my fellow Manly fans to get the wrong idea about the telegraph and me. :giggle:
You surely read the globe and Mail theatre critic every week though?

5th would be an underachievement, last year we came 9th only finishing 2 matches in the first 10 with 17 fit players and often having more than 10 unavailable. One we got back to a normal injury list of 3-5 in the second half of the year we won 8 from our last 12, so with a better team we should win more.

If we don't finish top 4 questions should be asked

5th would be an underachievement, last year we came 9th only finishing 2 matches in the first 10 with 17 fit players and often having more than 10 unavailable. One we got back to a normal injury list of 3-5 in the second half of the year we won 8 from our last 12, so with a better team we should win more.

If we don't finish top 4 questions should be asked
What if our injury toll is the same as last year?
Don't think it should be however, considering pre season last year had injury clouds over a number of our players.

First would be an underachievement with the roster we have, unless we win the grand final by at least 7 points. I'd be asking questions if we only win by 6 or less.

Worst with injuries, poor coaching, loss of form I'd say 8th. Best with minimum injuries, good tactics, good form I'd say 3rd

What if our injury toll is the same as last year?
Don't think it should be however, considering pre season last year had injury clouds over a number of our players.

we got rid of Donny because of the injury toll and the coach when you look at root cause so no excuses. We have bought well so if we cannot beat last years efforts of when we were playing at normal strength then Penn/Bozo should be the next sacked by Zorba

Time to gel and develop good defense defo needed. Having more play-making out of dummy half will change the dynamic in attack, but also Johns forgets how much work B Stewart does in playmaking and assists these days. He might shuffle in and do a bit more with Dylan Walker going outside him sometimes

One thing this 2016 Manly side has that it hasnt had in a long time, is speed and the number of play making options. Stewart, Trbojevic, Walker, Parcell are apparently among the fastest in the game with excellent evasive skills. DCE, Stewart, Parcell, Lyon and possibly Walker and Koroisau as play making options. Add to that Lawrence's speed in the forwards. Manly certainly have the potential to be No 1 try scorer for the season. Methinks they could have some big scoring in a number of games.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6