Matt Orford to sign with the Canberra Raiders

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
EXPERIENCED halfback Matt Orford is set to sign with the Raiders, with the playmaker to train with Canberra for the first time today.

The former Manly no.7, who won a grand final with the Sea Eagles in 2008, announced he is joining Canberra at a press conference in the national capital at 11am.

Orford is yet to physically put pen to paper, with the halfback tipped to sign on the dotted line in the next 48 hours after formally gaining a release from UK Super League club Bradford.

Read more at the daily tele

Good on him, despite what many think he was great for us, one of the best moments of my life was seeing him lift the trophy in 2008

Re: Matt Orford to sign with the Canberra Raiders

My condolences to Canberra, congrats to Matty for landing another contract though.

The best thing about all this is that he didn't go to Parra.

On the news at 3 Todd Carney has come out criticised the raiders for signing Orford saying they should have given the younger players a go

I can see Dugan and the young wingers doing well from his short kicking game. His long kicking will be an issue.
He will help their forwards moving forward.

This will be a great boost for them, Orford is a class ACT. Dally M player of the year, won a grand final won a world club challenge.

Orford bashers still hate him, but the FACTS are if he wasn't there in 07/08 and even 09 we would of not finished as well as we did in those years.

I think he'll go great guns for the Raiders playing behind a monster forward pack.  Ego could be a problem when Campo comes back (although depending on who you talk to he might miss the full year) as they are both two dominant ball players but if they gel they will have a gun team.

Long kicking game won't be a problem when Campo comes back. It is Campo's team and he will assume leadership, and he's got one of the biggest boots in the game.

I think Ox is a good fit for this team. As pointed out, his short-kicking game could be fantastic for a guy like Dugan. His experience should also help them through the tough period when Campo is still injured.

willstyles link said:
Long kicking game won't be a problem when Campo comes back. It is Campo's team and he will assume leadership, and he's got one of the biggest boots in the game.

I think Ox is a good fit for this team. As pointed out, his short-kicking game could be fantastic for a guy like Dugan. His experience should also help them through the tough period when Campo is still injured.
yeah he wont be back till 2012 though, but that dugan will benefit  from orford, i can see the  chip  or bomb being hoisted & dugan running through the middle hoping to latch on to it, much like brett did for us of orfords kicks..

I love the Ox. Always did. Never missed the finals with him in the team. A true leader who lead by example. I'm gonna hate seeing him in a filthy slimy green jersey !

i was reading it in the daily tele site  also  that he hasnt actually put pen to paper yet,,

Canberra related......
I saw david furner at the shops a week or so ago up here on the central coast.
He's bloody huge! He looked like the terminator.
You'd think he was on the playing roster judging by his appearance.
They must be working hard on the fitness in the ACT.

820203-orford-splash.jpg

lol BE he was wearing a manly jersey also when he hadnt signed for us yet back then ..

Good luck to Mattie, I am pleased to see him back in Oz again, too many of our top players head to the ESL...way before they should.....I think you'll see less of that now that the GBP is such poor value

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8