Matt Lodge... Signed.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We reported weeks ago that prop Matt Lodge was unlikely to get a new contract at the Roosters. The front-rower lives on the northern beaches. Manly desperately need more middle-field oomph. It makes sense, especially as Lodge is managed by Isaac Moses, who also manages Anthony Seibold.

This story looks like to be nothing more then a space filler to me, no talks or anything.

Yeah that reads as just opinion from buzz that we are a good match.

Non story atm

He’s been average,at best,for the Roosters this season and it is contract year.He’s not the hard nut,inspirational forward Manly are looking for.The only fear he puts into the opposition is the worrying he’ll take their head off or have a brain explosion

Looks that's fair. I just hate attitude of forward pack to be honest.

Understandable, but let’s remember the Warriors thought so much of this guys attitude they have paid him full salary on the cap for a season and a half (750k this year) with no compensation from any other club, just to get this guy out of the joint

Prior to that he couldn’t see a Brisbane deal out either, and now we look at a 3rd consecutive deal being cut short

Red flags all over the place with Lodge

If we were to sign him it would show that our recruitment has not gotten any better

Does he shift us forward in a material way? I would say no. Our forwards are at the stage where I think we need to gamble on either an up and coming player or someone with real class (difficult considering our cap)

Also interesting that there seems to be a heap of chat about recruiting players from the west but not as much discussion about a player with more history than any of the players we have recruited bar Manise.

Wonder why that is?

Understandable, but let’s remember the Warriors thought so much of this guys attitude they have paid him full salary on the cap for a season and a half (750k this year) with no compensation from any other club, just to get this guy out of the joint

Prior to that he couldn’t see a Brisbane deal out either, and now we look at a 3rd consecutive deal being cut short

Red flags all over the place with Lodge
Look true it's a sideways signing if it where true. Buzz does talk alot of ****.
Overall there a lack of maturity in team.
And to be honest seeing it live outside of Dce and Tom. To be so under prepared awful errors lack of any idea in defence.
The lack of a decent back up 6 Johns is pretty dog average bring back Cade cust.
Tuilagi is so awful he should not be in first grade. I prefer benny Turbo is there. Aloiai the errors this is not knew cost us rabbits game, while he got ability he is a mid level forward when we let Afb walk.
The hooker issue Croker ....this should of never went on this long. He is a toiler but zero markers are scared of him and now we bring on another plodder in Lawton. This spot needs to be sorted.
Parker was awful as well and it's not first time this had been discussed.
I have real fears we are treading water and Seibold seems out of his depth also.

I saw him coming out of Mona Vale Woollies one night a few weeks ago & he glanced at me (was possibly wondering if I recognised him & knew his background).

He’s a big, surly-looking unit & it did give me an idea of just how scary it must have been for those women & that family in New York.

I wouldn’t want to bump into him in a dark alleyway, outside Woollies was scary enough!

End of last season he was a beast. Only rooster games ive seen were early and he was out. chooks dropped a 7 so the pack must be performing or you cant blame a 7 so i presume his form is ok

lodge plays direct , has a burly shape, hard to grapple, adrian shelford with keg speed and barney rubbles legs , and is agro. If we could swap him in and for keppie or ailoi ti be moved on. Kerp one not both, boyle gone too

ive liked the effort and toil aioli has shown in previous seasons but his ROI is not satisfactory currently. His knee slowed him down , he is not a 13, but that doesnt affect discipline and thats been shabby Needs to play footy and soon. He was a big guide in our form last season at 8

he is suffering under the fatigue created by himself and others

playing a bit wider his angled run is getting chopped down before it gathers grunt quite a bit , wrapping around the ruck had him dealing with the flat footed markers. which enabled his lack of size more PCM and the ability to play the ball on his terms more , in my opinion anyway. I know he is still muddle but his runs seem to have drifted a bit wider.

He’s been average,at best,for the Roosters this season and it is contract year.He’s not the hard nut,inspirational forward Manly are looking for.The only fear he puts into the opposition is the worrying he’ll take their head off or have a brain explosion
He's nothing more than a second rate overused battering ram these days, any wonder the Chooks are giving him the flick.

You can take on talented but troubled reclamation projects if you are a successful club like the Storm or roosters.

Try and mould them into your culture and hope it works. If not get rid of them.

Thats whats happening here. The Roosters have had enough and lets hope our club isn't going to take Lodge on as he isn't that good anymore and his past is horrendous.

Our recruitment is as bad as the Dragons these days. Taking on washed up players and or ex Tigers.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8