Matt Lodge... Signed.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ElectricEagle

Reserve Grader
Hello all. It always appears that we are trying to sign someone off contract who may play above their contract weight e.g. recent suggestions have included Corey Allan and Nathan Brown. What are thoughts on Matt Lodge?

Yes he's an Fwit, but he's a mean F'wit and lets face it we need someone to step up as an enforcer of sorts. He is a known quality and we know exactly what we would be getting. He is living on the northern beaches and has his kid(s) playing in local junior footy which might work in our favour.

Now he's probably already signed up to uncle Nick's chooks so odds are against it, but if he was available would the Manly faithful accept him?

Good player but a complete F-wit.

Anyone Uncle Nick wants you have zero chance of signing, players sign there officially at half what they can get elsewhere.

He looked pretty good for the Roosters. But that's a lot easier job when you are playing with JWH and Lindsay Collins and a really good team.

I'm not convinced Manly would get the same out of him. So, when combined with his past it is a No for me.

I find the flegler possibility far more exciting, but Lodge would improve the credability of toughness to that soft looking pack from 2022, the other signings may add something positive, but not toughness.

Anyone that says no is a moron
Anyone that says anyone that says no is a moron is a moron.
Think If You Say So GIF by Originals

Before anyone comments further, please read this entire thread:

Has your point already been made / covered? If so please refrain from posting here. If not go ahead!

Has your point already been made / covered? If so please refrain from posting here. If not go ahead!
Last post on that topic was in July. Darn a lot has changed since then. He had a pretty good back end of the season for the Roosters, and as for us... Well the world has shifted.

I find the flegler possibility far more exciting, but Lodge would improve the credability of toughness to that soft looking pack from 2022, the other signings may add something positive, but not toughness.
Both?! 🤞🏻

nah...Lodge is used to the big sign on $'s, been to lots of clubs. If Manly were interested I'd play the waiting game to get the price down a bit.

Hmm I think that may be useful in other threads too e.g. DCE, jerseygate, Penn etc...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4