Matt Ballin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

rmd

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
I really feel for Matt Ballin and his coaching record, as he's one of the nicest guys to have ever played for Manly, a fitness fanatic and a great defender and he deserves better than what he has achieved so far.

I hope the Blacktown Workers turn it around for him over the next few weeks however, the next two games are against the Top 2 sides. He deserves better however, a great player and a great bloke doesn't always make a great coach. Just look at Barrett and here's Matt's results so far:

Jersey Flegg 2019
7 games - no wins
Tries for - 11
Tries against - 55
Points for - 60
Points against - 312
Average score - 8.5 v 44.6

Blacktown Workers
4 games - one win
Tries for - 15 (8 in the first round)
Tries against - 21 (2 in the first round)
Points for - 88 (48 in the first round)
Points against - 126 (20 in the first round)
Average score - 22 v 31.5

For someone who was a brilliant defender, the defence must be leaving him sleepless at night.

Workers had a great win over North Sydney in round 1 however, they had Cust, Harper, Funa, Schuster, Sipley and Olakau'atu in the side, who are all now in the Top 18 each week, so it will be hard. Good luck Matt and I hope you rev them up.

I really feel for Matt Ballin and his coaching record, as he's one of the nicest guys to have ever played for Manly, a fitness fanatic and a great defender and he deserves better than what he has achieved so far.

I hope the Blacktown Workers turn it around for him over the next few weeks however, the next two games are against the Top 2 sides. He deserves better however, a great player and a great bloke doesn't always make a great coach. Just look at Barrett and here's Matt's results so far:

Jersey Flegg 2019
7 games - no wins
Tries for - 11
Tries against - 55
Points for - 60
Points against - 312

Blacktown Workers
4 games - one win

For someone who was a brilliant defender, the defence must be leaving him sleepless at night.

Workers had a great win over North Sydney in round 1 however, they had Cust, Harper, Funa, Schuster, Sipley and Olakau'atu in the side, who are all now in the Top 18 each week, so it will be hard. Good luck Matt and I hope you rev them up.
Our injury issues not only the top team.

The role of a reggies coach is almost impossible ... they have little to nil autonomy ... and they are judged on different criteria because of that .. apart from having to play basically indentical structures and patterns to the 1st grade side, they need to deal with injuries to the first team as well as their own injuries, and generally do not know who is coming back from 1sts until the day of the game ...

.. and then there are all the brain waves of the 1st's coach to satisfy ... like I want player A to work on such and such ... or I want to see how Adam Cuthbetson goes on the wing etc ..

It is an apprenticeship for Coaches ... but not a pleasant one ..

If Matty stays sane and says yes sir he should be OK ..

Jersey Flegg 2019
7 games - no wins
Tries for - 11
Tries against - 55
Points for - 60
Points against - 312

Blacktown Workers
4 games - one win

Thought flegg side won last week !

Have you seen the Raiders reserve grade team?

2 weeks back the side was

1. Aekins
2.E Anderson
3.A Hopoate
4.Timoko
5.Sami Valemei
6.Frawley
7.Williams
8.Guler
9.O'Donnell
10.Lui
11.Rushton
12.Harawira-Naera
13.Horsebrugh

Pretty sure Anderson is the only one without first grade experience.

That pack, Lui a current SOO player, CHN a kiwi rep, Horsebrugh tip as perhaps a future Origin player, Guler more than handy.

No wonder our Blacktown team are struggling

I've gone to watch a few of the BWSE games - that first game against the bears they played awesome because they had the likes of Cust, Harper, Funa, Sipley etc. Ever since they have been promoted to first grade the team list really lacks anything special. Am hoping its a roster issue and not an issue with Matt, because as we all know Manly only win premierships with our own as coach, so hoping he can turn that record around in these lower grades

I would expect the better SG Ball players will go up and finish the season in Flegg. This might give the reggies a few players to add to their pool of players or moved over to the Massey Cup team to give them more experience.

Have you seen the Raiders reserve grade team?

2 weeks back the side was

1. Aekins
2.E Anderson
3.A Hopoate
4.Timoko
5.Sami Valemei
6.Frawley
7.Williams
8.Guler
9.O'Donnell
10.Lui
11.Rushton
12.Harawira-Naera
13.Horsebrugh

Pretty sure Anderson is the only one without first grade experience.

That pack, Lui a current SOO player, CHN a kiwi rep, Horsebrugh tip as perhaps a future Origin player, Guler more than handy.

No wonder our Blacktown team are struggling
Well, its a relief Workers have not played them yet. The Ron Massey side are doing okay (just okay).

Personally, I don't think the whole thing is working for Manly with Workers. Yes, the juniors certainly are, as some are from the area, however I think most are from around the Fairfield area. I know for a fact that there are some (decision makers) at Workers who absolutely hate the association with Manly.

Matty has a big hurdle to overcome and I hope he can realise his ability as a coach as he has so much to offer.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4