Match Winners?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
we havnt been drawing teams players into the centre enough to suit either bell or lyon ie they dont have much room to use pace and draw the winger.

For our current style matai may be better suited in that he has more chance of busting through a tackle rather than around it.

However if the coaching staff can give the backs more room to move Bell and Lyon have more potential.

I like that bell has been looking for the ball and he has been beeting the man regularly but the opposition ahve had enough cover to get a second man there. I dont feel Bell has been worse than Lyon (or better) but both have a lot more to offer.

Could it be that due to our backline the opposition coaches are playing a game plan to shut us down as best as possible?

Is that why our forwards are getting more metres?

It certainly looked like a different game plan early from the warriors compared to their melbourne match.

So we put a New Zealand Center in PL beneath a QLD center? Its a tough one to make and I understand I'm basing my opinion of last seasons form but I don't see the back line really doing much this season. Matai would definatly help with that. Other than that where do we play matai?

We can't throw Internationals is PL

I certainly understand where you are coming from Flip.

Oppositon teams are using umbrella defence against us because they know how potent our backline attack is. I think you could have Bell, Matai or Lyon and it wont really matter, the wingers are coming up and forcing the ball back inside.

There are a couple of added benifits to that though, our halves are getting a bit more room to move, and our kicking game is so effective because our wingers have an advantage in that they can get to the ball quicker that their opposition.

It is a dilemma though. I agree its hard to have Matai in PL, but at the moment I think thats the option he needs to take in order to regain match fitness and try and win his spot back.

So we put a New Zealand Center in PL beneath a QLD center? Its a tough one to make and I understand I'm basing my opinion of last seasons form but I don't see the back line really doing much this season. Matai would definatly help with that. Other than that where do we play matai?

We can't throw Internationals is PL

It's tougher to make the QLD side than the NZ side IMO.

I think Matai will come back to the bench and Halden is keeping his seat warm, that's the only way I can make sense of the repeated Halden selection.

Must add that leaving Bell out would allow Lyon to go to his more customary position of right centre.

Is saying that Matai >>> PL when he returns for mine.

[quote author=byso]
From our current squad. What players would you regard as match winners?
Byso -have u broken your lenses ???
[/quote]

Nah just been a little busy, I should be at next weeks game at Brookie.

Guys when Matai comes back he must partner Bell. They know each others game well now. Lyon to 5/8 so he can get more ball & Trav on the bench as our new utility player. Our new Dessy. Gutsy. This is our strongest combo by far.

The only sure way to get all our Rep players into the side is have Lyon at 5/8th. But most of us think Burns should be there.

Dessy certainly has a tough decision, however, its a situation I would imagine most coach's would love to be in.

The only problem I will most likely have this season regarding selections is if Dunley makes his way back into regular first grade. Every other position is close to a 50/50 either way.

Is a tough one, i was a fan of Lyon at 6, Burns bench and Matai/Bell in the centres pre season. It hasnt really been seen enough to judge. 1 reason i liked that was because of the combination Matai and Robertson had developed last year, it was starting to get pretty potent
Burns had a ripper v Canberra, but since then hasnt been up to mutch, he and Ballin possibly fighting for a spot.

All players and options have their positives and negatives in this debate, and the great thing is, all of them work out well for our side

Matai in PL, Dunley to the toilet. I agree it's harder to get into the Qld team than the NZ team. Stop all the going on about Matai being an 'international'. A kiwi for Christ's sake.

Time to open up both eyes and judge things on reality DSM5. The kiwis were crap through the late 90s.

Forget the mid year rubbish, and look at the Tri Nations the past 2 years. Every game has been an awesome contest, not much in it, and the matches would be split down the middle.

I understand it may be tough to look at things as they are, and not ignore the facts. Is time you started giving some players the respect they deserve for being involved in some top quality rep footy.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4