Match Thread: Sea Eagles v Storm at Brookvale Rnd1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Result Prediction Sea Eagles v Storm Rnd1 2014

• Sea Eagles 13+

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • Sea Eagles 1-12

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Storm 1-12

• Storm 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ssar

Bencher
Round 1
Manly Sea Eagles v Melbourne Storm
Saturday 8th March 2014
Brookvale Oval

---

Manly Sea Eagles

1. Brett Stewart
2. Cheyse Blair
3. Jamie Lyon (c)
4. Steve Matai
5. Peta Hiku
6. Kieran Foran
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Josh Starling
9. Matt Ballin
10. Brenton Lawrence
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Justin Horo
13. Glenn Stewart

Interchange
14. Jesse Sene-Lefao
15. James Hasson
16. Jamie Buhrer
17. Dunamis Lui

---

Melbourne Storm

1. Billy Slater
2. Sisa Waqa
3. Will Chambers
4. Mahe Fonua
5. Young Tonumaipea
6. Ben Hampton
7. Ben Roberts
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Bryan Norrie
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Ryan Hinchcliffe

Interchange
14. Kenny Bromwich
15. Tohu Harris
16. Jordan McLean
17. George Rose
18. Mitch Garbutt
19. Slade Griffin
20. Joel Romelo

---

History: Manly hold a narrow 5-4 lead in the past 10 meetings, with a draw last year as well. The Storm have won just three of their past nine games on the Northern Beaches.

Match Officials: Referees – Gerard Sutton & Gavin Reynolds; Sideline Official – Steve Carrall, Nick Beashel; Video Referees – Jared Maxwell & Luke Patten.

Odds @ 08Mar14 09:00:
Hd2Hd Manly $1.50 Melbourne $2.65
Manly 13+ $2.85
Manly 13-18 $5.25
Manly 19+ $5.00

Televised: Fox Sports – Live 7pm (AEDT).

---

Go Manly Warringah!

The little bloke & I will be proudly wearing our Maroon & White and flying our Sea Eagles flags high going to the 1st game @ Fortress Brookvale for the season when Manly take on Melbourne this evening.

Great to see the footy back!

Looking forward to cruising the northern beaches flying our Manly car flags, great atmosphere @ Brookie, plenty of Maroon & White, and a good Manly Warringah win!

Manly by 18+, maybe 20.
Go Manly!

Agree Las Vegas Blvd. As long as we hold our own in the forwards I think our backline will cause havoc. I think our halves will give theirs a masterclass.

I like the fact we have young hungry forwards, and I really think the NRL is going to get a shock how these unheralded props perform this year. What is good also is you have Choc, Gift, Matty Ballin, Horo and Lawrence who will be guiding them and sticking it up them if they don't pull their weight.

@RLW_Mole 12h
@manlyseaeagles update - @tonysatini now 18th man... looks like Steve Matai and J Lyon will both play. Passed fitness tests.

My lovely, elderly neighbour rang 2v yesterday and told him not to play Wolfie for the next two weeks, as she doesn't trust the Scumos and Rabbids to not hurt him :angel: :D

Lets hope that everyone who takes the field, upholds the Manly Pride !

The wait is over but I can't wait until kickoff.

DCE Predict solid and crafty first hit out
Foran Predict MOM

just looking at the NRL footy app.. pretty good.. shows the height and size of every player in the line ups.. i didnt realise how BIG this storm pack really is. Especially compared to ours tonight. Could be a tough night. especially if Cronk plays.

UPDATE 12.40pm AEDT Friday: Cooper Cronk (shoulder) will be held back another week, despite the Sea Eagles saying they are preparing for Cronk to make an early return. “It’s good that they can waste their time planning for Cooper to play because he won’t be playing,” said Storm football manager Frank Ponissi. Manly coach Geoff Toovey earlier said:“We’ve trained this week and prepared our video based on the fact we believe he will be playing. But if he doesn’t, he doesn’t.” Billy Slater (knee) has been cleared to return after missing all trials. Ryan Hinchcliffe (ankle) will also play. Justin O’Neill (knee) is not due back until round six. Steve Matai (foot) and Jamie Lyon (thigh) are expected to play.

^^^i already read that yesterday. Its not new to me.

ifernolan said:
Apparently Cronk is playing.

Ifernolan, could you please expand on why you say he's playing. I need to know either way in regards to placing a large amount of money on this game. A swift response would be appreciated. Thanks!

@manlyseaeagles 1m
NSW CUP | At the mid-point of the first half, @MountiesRLFC lead us 16 - 6. Need to lift! #PumpItUp #StrongerTogether

‏@LeagueUnlimited 5m
RT @MountiesRLFC: 21st" try to Shane Shackleton under the sticks, Horton to convert, Mounties 22 - Manly 6 #upthemulga

Shackleton and Tyson off for 10 after an all in brawl, and Gutho on report :cool:

3 minutes later:
Now Priest is on report for Mounties!

4 mins to go amd Alovili just starts swinging :huh:

Something must be going on in the rucks.

Manly knocked on at least 30 times :mad:

Lost 10-50, its going to be another wasted year for our NSW Cup :(

HappilyManly said:
Shackleton and Tyson off for 10 after an all in brawl, and Gutho on report :cool:

3 minutes later:
Now Priest is on report for Mounties!

4 mins to go amd Alovili just starts swinging :huh:

Something must be going on in the rucks.

Manly knocked on at least 30 times :mad:
Who is playing well for us ?

It was too fragmented to tell with all the turnovers and fights.

ODare ran someone down, Hodges had a few good darts, Turbo defended well and Santana was popping up a lot.

HappilyManly said:
It was too fragmented to tell with all the turnovers and fights.

ODare ran someone down, Hodges had a few good darts, Turbo defended well and Santana was popping up a lot.

NYC is awesome. 13,9,8 scored and 30 mins in Tom Turbo picked up a knockon on our 20, and ran through for the smartest of tries 22-0

Stigg the 9 is in again :) 28-0

HT 28-6

28-20 :( Forgot how to defend
11 just in 34-20 17 mins to go

TTurbo another great break
5 to go TTurbo anothet killer chase down - if we lose DCE, we have a great prospect :)

Strong finish 34-20 :)

Very gusty now with clouds rolling in from the west.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4