Match Day Travel Service

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hi guys,

My name is Michael. I want to ask a question about getting to away games. I live in Curlie, and it is always hard to get to away games without paying heaps, or it taking way too long. The thing is I like beer. Especially at footy games. So driving can be tough. And then I regularly find myself stuck at Homebush, or Allianz or some other place, thinking damn! I wish the next two hours of my life wasn't going to be a pain.

I was wondering if anyone else had this problem / issue?

The reason that I ask is that I think I found a solution. I have access to a bus company, who have said to me that if you can get enough heads together, we would be able to do a point to point pick up to and from the game. For example, a bus from the Harbord Diggers, to the match, then back again for what turns out to be about $25 a seat. Thing is the bus holds 48 people, so I am thinking that I need to ask around to see if anyone would be interested - I never go to footy with 47 of my closest mates believe it or not.

Professional bus, and driver, not a public service, stopping every couple of stops. I have a couple of kids, and don't get as many hours over a weekend to kick back anymore. I am wondering if such a service was offered, if you would be interested if you are planning to head to a game.

Just a thought, I wanted to ask.

Thanks for your time.

Mick

Yes, I think it would be a worthwhile service. I stopped going to Homebush because (a) the ground is crap and there is no atmosphere, (b) if you drive it takes an hour just to validate your car parking ticket, and (c) bus services only run for big events so you have to drive.
Alliance is a better ground but you are stuck in the car park for two hours there!
As long as there were pick-up and drop off points along the route for those people who don;t all live close to Harbord, then you should gain support.

Wasn't the club running a supporters bus that was discontinued due to lack of patronage ?

Manly never advertised it, so only a few of us, who persevered by daily calls got it to go.
But we still ended up having it cancelled the day before the game most of the game, and we also gave up :mad:

A mini bus, like those Airport buses would be ideal as they are about 16 seats.

Gavin Stanford from Beachwheels Automotives (Player sponsor) often runs buses to away games for about $25 a head. Like his facebook page and you will get info on this stuff.

Very happy to promote this on the MWTS Facebook page for anyone who wants to have a go, about 2000 members but not all will get the advice ( you have to pay these days, bloody Facebook!!!), and a fair few are QLD based.

But happy to promote it for you

Very happy to promote this on the MWTS Facebook page for anyone who wants to have a go, about 2000 members but not all will get the advice ( you have to pay these days, bloody Facebook!!!), and a fair few are QLD based.

But happy to promote it for you
Hi Mark, how do I go about sorting this? I'd be interested in advertising Water Limousine for $45 per person for a return trip from Manly Wharf to Homebush for Souths game. Supporters can have a few beers on the boat, listen to some tunes it is great way to get to the game and watch the boys beat Rabbits....... I would need a minimum of 15 people to make it worthwhile for me. Always popular for state of origin games as well

Hi Mark, how do I go about sorting this? I'd be interested in advertising Water Limousine for $45 per person for a return trip from Manly Wharf to Homebush for Souths game. Supporters can have a few beers on the boat, listen to some tunes it is great way to get to the game and watch the boys beat Rabbits....... I would need a minimum of 15 people to make it worthwhile for me. Always popular for state of origin games as well

Mate send me a PM and I'll stick it up for you!!

Its now called CONVERSATION - the letter symbol up top right of screen
Whoops, a Personal Message

Now apparently called a Conversation , sorry!!

Send me the details via a Conversation and I'll stick it up, suggest also you " Like" the page on Facebook

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4