Matai's spot?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
i've seen whare and he's off crutches but still got his ankle heavily strapped and got a limp going. but he'd be my first choice, injury aside.

Darren link said:
Copa, he has played centre b4 but coming into nrl has been moved to wing, I have heard he has really bulked up (in nrl squad) and hoping he really kicks on. Remember his 100 metre effort in toyota cup after taking a bomb, evading a tackle and taking off, knew he had something

If what you say is true i would love to see oldfield in the centres getting more ball, hes got speed too !

Trex is not a centre.  I'd put George Rose at centre before I put Trex there.

Trex has absolutely no idea where to position himself in defence at centre and unless something has changed drastically in the off season he will cost us at least two or three tries in defence per game if he plays centre this season.

MadMarcus link said:

Trex has absolutely no idea where to position himself in defence at centre and unless something has changed drastically in the off season he will cost us at least two or three tries in defence per game if he plays centre this season.
it wont be all season just till matai gets back,, god  i couldnt watch another season of ineptness down his side i have already been through 2yrs, thankfully he is just there as a filler till matai gets back..
& regarding your comment that he isnt a centre ,lol he cant keep up with the play at winger & thats his position so he says..

Lyon said that Hopoate can play centre. Hes got pace and added size in the off season. Can break tackles.. only worry would be his defence but his pace would make up for it.

1. Stewart
2. Robertson
3. Lyon
4. Hopoate
5. Wolfman

wow pace in the side again.

jjai link said:
[quote author=MadMarcus link=topic=186265.msg311968#msg311968 date=1295233030]

it wont be all season just till matai gets back,, god  i couldnt watch another season of ineptness down his side i have already been through 2yrs, thankfully he is just there as a filler till matai gets back..
& regarding your comment that he isnt a centre ,lol he cant keep up with the play at winger & thats his position so he says..
[/quote]MadMarcus, I agree with you that Trex is'nt a centre. Hope he's got his defence worked out in the off season. Still think he could work out for us on the wing. He outplayed Vatuvei when we played the Warriors last year. Hes still young and I would'nt be prepared to write him off just yet.

He's terrible in the backs. Backs need to play up-beat and with energy. Forwards can still be good when lumbering (a fired up Mark O'Mealy comes to mind when in his prime).

Tony Williams lacks the mental side of the game so far out wide. Skill levels have improved in the game exponentially.

He's a forward, or if Des once again wants to play what he knows, rather than what may sometimes be what is best for the team (risk adverse), then we have one position for at least a month that is going to weakened.

If this is the case, and we get off to a slow start - there is no-one to blame but the people who select the team each week.

robbo has lost his pace as we saw last year and jamie ain't really quick (but a gun centre notherless)  having matai, robbo, trent, farrar and lyon in 2010 was a very slow backline. Please no Tony in the centres.

If Whare is out, Hopoate. There is no way Tony Williams should be there. Is there any other promising centres, i.e. Josh Portlock or Blake Davey that would be ready to play FG?

Darren link said:
robbo has lost his pace as we saw last year and jamie ain't really quick (but a gun centre notherless)  having matai, robbo, trent, farrar and lyon in 2010 was a very slow backline. Please no Tony in the centres.

You don't think Lyon is quick? 

Ryan link said:
Tony Williams lacks the mental side of the game so far out wide. Skill levels have improved in the game exponentially.

He's a forward, or if Des once again wants to play what he knows, rather than what may sometimes be what is best for the team (risk adverse), then we have one position for at least a month that is going to weakened.

Williams is definately a forward but Des's plan is to keep him in the backs for another 10 years until he is old enough to play in the forwards.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2