matai

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

toovs

Reserve Grader
did anyone else see that the tele said that manly are thinking of putting him in the 2nd row next year . i don,t think that is not a bad idea

:roll: :roll: :roll: !pray: !pray: pelase dont let them do it.

Let me set the scene.

Matai races out of lock, tries to make a shoulder charge....oops missed, South sydney run through for a try...... :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

please I thought the club had more smarts than that these days, we need a solid defensive second row like we have this year, they are the staple of our defensive line and strategy, putting a questionable defender in the line would just be stupid and put major pressure on the others around him. At least he can hide a little where he is now and he has a little cover from others

i dont think his defense would be as bad infield

its out at centre where he has to mak decisions that he gets in trouble

anyway, if he does move to the backrow, he should be an impact player off the bench ala jenson or widders

I reckon he should make an impact by sitting on the bench after he has played PL

i dont think his defense would be as bad infield

its out at centre where he has to mak decisions that he gets in trouble

anyway, if he does move to the backrow, he should be an impact player off the bench ala jenson or widders

Im not for the idea of Mattai into the forwards but if they MUST do it then i am in agreeance with Disco's thinking that he be off the bench.

I asked Mattai last week if he was going to Lock and he said "No way I'm not big enough"

i think he will cover centres - we are going to have at least one but probably both out for origin and then there will be injuries, he will get some game time

Matai is a solid defender although he is prone to making stupid decisions. Defending in the centres is harder than defending in the forwards imo, you have players coming at you at speed with more space between you and the next defender so defensive errors are highlighted more so.

I think he is too small for the forwards but he definately plays above his weight and is improving every game. If he keeps improving he will demand a spot in the 17 somewhere next season. I am sure the coaching staff will make the correct decision.

:roll: :roll: :roll: !pray: !pray: pelase dont let them do it.

Let me set the scene.

Matai races out of lock, tries to make a shoulder charge....oops missed, South sydney run through for a try...... :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

please I thought the club had more smarts than that these days, we need a solid defensive second row like we have this year, they are the staple of our defensive line and strategy, putting a questionable defender in the line would just be stupid and put major pressure on the others around him. At least he can hide a little where he is now and he has a little cover from others

i believe there is more room for this error when playing centres daniel. In the forwards the defence is tighter. He's currently marking fleetfooted centres where he is found out alot. In saying that, i don't think matai is the best solution to take BK's spot, but he wouldn't be totally out of place.

No one can hide these days but Matai is a stand out lousy defender where he is. Sure he comes up with a few solid hits but lets in more than he stops. If he's in the forwards in 07 our forwards coach Roach will impart some his wisdom..... although I'm not sure he has any .

You can afford one lighter weight second rower (Watmough) but you need size and strength. To have Matai and Choc both in the pack is to have too many lightweights, leaving us a chance of being bashed by bigger and stronger packs.

choc lightweight?

The guy is wider than a barn!

08. Jason King
09. Micheal Monoghan
10. Brent Kite
11. Steve Menzies
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Luke Williamson

14. Steve Matai

*Fullstop*

That'll be it :D

Members online