• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hmmm indeed. If Stevie played in another NRL team jumper id like it to be the Warriors.....
And could only handle him leaving (hypothetically) if we have a replacement centre who is very very good (ie not Williame)

whats peoples opinions on moving skivvy to lock.. I personally don't think it would be such a bad move as such.. As it will free up space in the backline for Trbojevic and walker if he signs. I know bozo was open to the idea in the early stages of matais career. I think he would handle the vigour of more defense work as we all know he hits like a rock, and let's face it he is slowing down a little. With Taupau in the eleven jesrey imo that is an imposing back row. Thoughts?
Lock = 80 minute prop in today's game .stupid idea one of the worst I've read on here ever,and marty to11 now your being really silly

Strange he would be talking with the CEO of another club, he's been linked to them before but I can't imagine him leaving. You never know after the off season we've had though.

Would definitely miss a fit shoulders matai however I thought he was a shadow of his former self last year. That being said cant see it happening given we have already let go gutho and hiku. Are they perhaps looking at Copley ?

Strange he would be talking with the CEO of another club, he's been linked to them before but I can't imagine him leaving. You never know after the off season we've had though.
Nothing would surprise me. I doubt he was there to catch up with Lyle and see how he and the wife were doing...

Maybe we end all the movements by bringing in the last two guys that have been rumoured to be coming at various points - Bird and Tamou.

Then Bird can go to 5/8, Walker to the centres if Matai goes, Tamou across from Jake, with a back row of Tapau, Myles and at least one forward that can pass.

#optimistic

@RLW Mole SPOTTED: Steve Matai at @Cronulla_Sharks Leagues Club
#hmmmmmmmmmm

Sharks forum also had him enjoying a steak with Lyall Gorman over at Sharks Leagues Club. Nothing in it?
Lyall asked Manly what a premiership trophy looked like and matai volunteered to take our 2008 and 2011 ones down to show him.

Skivvy will be gone after 16. Hed be perveying his services. Our Club have got that correct. What is amusing though is how the sharks must really rate their leagues club food. First DCE now Skivvy. Not sure id call it being wined and dined.

Last edited:
So can we expect to see Lyall Gorman on the next series of Pimp My Ride?

No one would envy the task of trying to 'Pimp out' the Sharks 'Utensils Cupboard'. Besides some wooden spoons, not even MacGyver, Exhibit and Chuck Norris could transform it into a 'Trophy Cabinet' like some actual trophies :whew:
In regards to the original thread post, I think that ship sailed off about 2009. There was genuine intrigue and talk about the possibility of moving Matai to lock for the sake of a perceived depth in backline options and an early anticipation that He would slow down and bulk up at a higher rate. The neck and Shoulder nerve pain never allowed the idea to to go further among other reasons like form and roster changes.
Like everyone has also mentioned in regards to defence and tackling techniques, Matai's highlight reel stands out because his fearsome hits are quality not quantity. His defensive technique earned a lot of time on the sidelines when under fatigue in seasons past. The fact that backlines cause a few spills and silly passes due to his intimidation factor out wide would be hard to replace whilst still maintaining all the other under rated attributes he possesses :warning:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7