• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
I haven't seen a tv broadcast of the game but I thought (live) that Matai went okay. I have not rated him but tonight he seemed to put in. It wasn't his fault he was short on support with two to three runners coming at him in the second half. Hicks as a defensive winger has worried me this year. Several times Matai looked dangerous though in one situation had he drawn and passed Hicks was away.

People who watched the telly say he had a shocker! Sure he dropped the ball in a diabolical position but he wasn't Robinson Cruesoe!

On the tele he looked pathetic, as if he didnt have the passion, drive, skill or brains to play at this level.

On the tele he looked pathetic, as if he didnt have the passion, drive, skill or brains to play at this level.

Absolute rubbish. No passion yet he got marched for backchat. how does that add up ?

[quote author=ads]

Absolute rubbish. No passion yet he got marched for backchat. how does that add up ?

[/quote]

Arguing with the ref with passion that he didnt show in his ball running and play. I dont care how much passion he gives the ref - that helped us so much didnt it. That was just after I was watching going get up you idiot you will give away a penalty. He almost gave away a penalty on the tackle before - how is giving away cheap penalties then an extra ten metres passion - more like stupidy and brain fades.

Matai tried his ass of yesterday, against a test centre, by the way. I thought he was one of the few who could hold his head up.

Strange how we got totally different perceptions of the same guy. I was all for Matai over Stephenson (i.e. not biased against him before the game), but I really really thought he was pathetic the whole way through. Where as you guys thought he was good.

Another point is why our centres/wingers are doing so many hit ups. A few times it was them for 2 or 3 tackles. Are our forwards either too lazy or so unfit that they cant get back in position. I don't think haveing the backs do this gets us enough metres.

If you have backs that can make metres that is a good thing as 8-13 do most of the defensive work. I am more interested in team stats for metres rather than forward metres. You know the saying: Stats are like mini-skirts .......

He was shocking he and Kane were giving away penalty after penalty and offered nothing in general play. Bring Stepho back......Alberts is going well!

yep, alberst has looked dangerous every time he gets a sniff, at least he trys to beat a man.

Mattai is completely over rated, alberst is better than both him and steppa.

But Steppa is better than Matai?

No

Both have defensive weaknesses,but Matai looks like a better hitter,and Stephenson has no attack,whereas Matai has shown ability to step and beat a man

[quote author=byso]
But Steppa is better than Matai?

I was sure Mattai was, but now I am unsure.
[/quote]

My feelings as well, the thing is he plays dumb football in PL as well. Yes he can play its the stupid penalties and crud that annoys me!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4