matai?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
love reading other forums about our boy, they call him Catai :p

It was noticable that Stevie stopped running from dummy half after the incidents. That was a surprise!! Maybe not as tough as we think??

Ya know whats really crap - Matai is always under scrutiny- EVERY tackle. If he had pulled of that Spear tackle by Uate a few weeks back would have been rubbed out for 10+ games. Sure he plays aggressive but dont we like that intimidation factor?? Its called double standards & though he sails close to the wind he is unfairly judged by most media d#@kheads.

Right near the end I thought Robbo was unmarked a couple of metres from the line but Matai didn't pass. Apart from that I enjoyed his performance.

Just in

Steve Matai charged with a grade one striking offence on Jason Nightingale and will miss one week if he takes the early plea.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Just in

Steve Matai charged with a grade one striking offence on Jason Nightingale and will miss one week if he takes the early plea.

Thanks BE....all things considered one week is OK compared to what it might have been if gallop & co got stuck in :angel:

Love the way Mattai plays. Would love it more if I was out there with him. Imagine Mattai and Hoppa Snr in the same team on our left hand side. They would smash everybody. Keeping in mind Hoppa on his day would likely be the best player on the field. He almost always had most metres gained.

eagleE said:
Love the way Mattai plays. Would love it more if I was out there with him. Imagine Mattai and Hoppa Snr in the same team on our left hand side. They would smash everybody. Keeping in mind Hoppa on his day would likely be the best player on the field. He almost always had most metres gained.

Game has changed since those days (Thankfully). Hoppa made all his metres out of dummy half, with the additional leniency given to the markers those easy metres just aren't there anymore.

Hopefully he'll take the week suspension and we can only miss Matai for 1 week which is pretty good as i was fearing the worst like most others on here. Matai is judged very harshly by other supporters and media and is held to double standards by all in the game other than us

Darren said:
love reading other forums about our boy, they call him Catai :p

It was noticable that Stevie stopped running from dummy half after the incidents. That was a surprise!! Maybe not as tough as we think??

Is that what your souths mate thinks Darren, he would know of course!

nah, League unlimited, old stevie went missing after the swinging arm and late shot!! stopped his dummy half runs straight away, hence the Catai calls ;)!! looked a mug and a shame as he has been going great guns, may have an inferiority complex with Mark Gasnier

Darren said:
nah, League unlimited, old stevie went missing after the swinging arm and late shot!! stopped his dummy half runs straight away, hence the Catai calls ;)!! looked a mug and a shame as he has been going great guns, may have an inferiority complex with Mark Gasnier

My opinion is that he stopped because he was either ashamed of what he did, or he realised that he was in an angry mood all game and didn't want to get a harsher penalty. It might have been Lyon's call as well, not his. We don't know. Just like DCE kicking the dropout on the full. That wasn't his call.

Des called that,he wasnt filthy at the poor kid
Just a offtarget kick,cant complain to much for
the biscuits his on

Whenever players are asked about tough defenders in the NRL the names Steve Matai & Glenn Stewart always pop up, it's no coincidence & you could see how much they mean to the team earlier in the year when they both missed time.

The shot didn't even deserve one week TBH, but as others have said Matai will cop the worst punishment all the time because of his reputation. He has never been a dirty player really, most of his bad shots have been mistined rather than cheap or dirty (e.g. The Ennis hit last year).

The only really cheap thing I can think of him doing off the top of my head was when he destroyed Gasnier in the test match & for that he should have been given a medal, it's Gasnier for f's sake, one of the most punchable people in the world.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
I can't believe he missed Gasniers 2 chins

I am glad I wasn't the only one thinking that BE.

I can't believe everyone is giving it to the Bro - Aye.

Yes it was silly and he overstepped the mark but maybe he was trying to lift the teams intensity, give em’ a bit of an edge.

Anyway, Nightingale shouldn't have had his head in the way of Matai’s arm

Darren said:
Darren your mates a Souths supporter - you can't take him seriously. Anyone who thinks Matai ducks for cover when the heats on needs a checkup. Watch the finals with this clown & i'm sure you'll have the last laugh -especially the fact Manly will be playing & Souths wont.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4