Matai, Stewart, Foran...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Broncos are not that good.
Played 35 perfect minutes to 20-0, then Manly all over them and if it wasn't by a bonehead Stewart play to be in Forans pocket with the tryline wide open, plus flukey donkey tries Manly win this by 12.
Broncos are willing, but are chumps if the flow is against them.
NYEagle

Last edited:
Ok I've been a really harsh critic of Foran lately so I'm going to try and be a bit more diplomatic. It's clear at some point in the last year, Foran has been told that his missile like runs are going to cut his career short. Naturally he has had to change his game and as a result he is not (nearly) as effective. Wouldn't it be worth it to very nicely, drop him to the NSW cup for a few weeks while he gets the basic parts of his game, and possibly his confidence, in order. If he gets a chance to work on a new game in a team under less pressure he might still be able to add something to our season before he leaves for the eels. He will not add anything if we stick to what we've been doing. In saying that it might not matter in the near future as Jamie Lyon might be out for a while and you couldn't drop him with no replacement.

Foran was one of our better players tonight and ran a lot more than I have seen in almost a year. He made 166 metres with the ball in hand which was nearly 60 more than ANY other Manly player tonight. In fact, Leary was our next best with 107. I can't see why he should be dropped after that.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Foran was one of our better players tonight and ran a lot more than I have seen in almost a year. He made 166 metres with the ball in hand which was nearly 60 more than ANY other Manly player tonight. In fact, Leary was our next best with 107. I can't see why he should be dropped after that.
Hmmmm, stats never lie about players form too.

It's clear at some point in the last year, Foran has been told that his missile like runs are going to cut his career short. Naturally he has had to change his game and as a result he is not (nearly) as effective.
Like the golfer guy with his putter.
Just get him his broomstick back and we win!
No?
;)

Not sure what stats you are looking at, NRLstats has 4 runs for 24m. Seems a rather big difference

I've loved watching Matai over the years but he is a shadow of what he used to be. The guy looks like a mummy bandaged up the way he is. He constantly misses tackles now, ones that he used to cream. In fact his miss cost us last week. We should have released him last year. It was smart to ditch Choc it would also have been smart to release Stevie and let him get his big final payday at the Worriers.

These three were pathetic today
Harsh. Foran's timing was a bit off, the kick out on the full after our first set, and then he passed a fraction too late to a flying Stewart.
Matai was obviously hurt. Again. Which I concede is a worry going forward.

The Broncos are not that good.
Played 35 perfect minutes to 20-0, then Manly all over them and if it wasn't by a bonehead Stewart play to be in Forans pocket with the tryline wide open, plus flukey donkey tries Manly win this by 12.
Broncos are willing, but are chumps if the flow is against them.
NYEagle
Yeh, Broncos are well coached and playing well as a team while more talented teams like Roosters and Souths are struggling. But anythign can happen in the finals so I dont think theyll win it.

Running meters from someone in the back doesnt necessarily mean he played well. Hiku runs more metres at fullback than snake does but I wouldnt swap them! its his attitude (or lack of) its just seems he doesnt play with the same intensity he does for New Zealand or a couple of seasons ago!

I've loved watching Matai over the years but he is a shadow of what he used to be. The guy looks like a mummy bandaged up the way he is. He constantly misses tackles now, ones that he used to cream. In fact his miss cost us last week. We should have released him last year. It was smart to ditch Choc it would also have been smart to release Stevie and let him get his big final payday at the Worriers.

Manly have had half a dozen chances to let Matai go. Age catches up to outside backs almost overnight. It is almost embarrassing seeing Matai and Lyon up against big, fast centres. We just have a slow backline to go with a weak forward pack.

Manly have had half a dozen chances to let Matai go. Age catches up to outside backs almost overnight. It is almost embarrassing seeing Matai and Lyon up against big, fast centres. We just have a slow backline to go with a weak forward pack.
And a vertically challenged coach

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8