Matai re-sign

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DAILY SMELEGRAPH
Rebecca DUI Wilson - 25 May 2012

Premiership-winning centre and Kiwi international Steve Matai has agreed to extend his playing career with the Sea Eagles.

Already contracted until the end of 2013, the new deal will see Matai in the maroon and white until the end of the 2015 season.

Coach Geoff Toovey said the powerhouse centre, who has been at Manly since his NRL debut in 2005, plays an important leadership role at the club.

“Steve is a vital part of our team and over the years he’s matured into a great leader,” Toovey said.

“The other boys love playing alongside him and that’s one of the best endorsements a footballer can get.”

Chief Operating Officer David Perry said it’s another huge boost for the Sea Eagles.

“Steve has shown great loyalty to the club and we’re really pleased to be able to extend his contract,” Perry said.

Matai debuted for the Sea Eagles in 2005. He has played 140 first grade games for the Sea Eagles and 12 Tests for New Zealand.

Great news and excellent loyalty shown from Steve. He has been amazing for the club but I feel we're about to see the best from him in the next two seasons.

Really hope this doesn't deter Whare from re-signing though as he has so much promise.

Chip and Chase said:
DAILY SMELEGRAPH
Rebecca DUI Wilson - 25 May 2012

Premiership-winning centre and Kiwi international Steve Matai has agreed to extend his playing career with the Sea Eagles.

Already contracted until the end of 2013, the new deal will see Matai in the maroon and white until the end of the 2015 season.

Coach Geoff Toovey said the powerhouse centre, who has been at Manly since his NRL debut in 2005, plays an important leadership role at the club.

“Steve is a vital part of our team and over the years he’s matured into a great leader,” Toovey said.

“The other boys love playing alongside him and that’s one of the best endorsements a footballer can get.”

Chief Operating Officer David Perry said it’s another huge boost for the Sea Eagles.

“Steve has shown great loyalty to the club and we’re really pleased to be able to extend his contract,” Perry said.

Matai debuted for the Sea Eagles in 2005. He has played 140 first grade games for the Sea Eagles and 12 Tests for New Zealand.
MORE OFFICIAL

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Matai-to-stay-with-Sea-Eagles/55879

If Steve can remain relatively injury free, he should be able to join the 200 club sometime during the 2015 season.

Great news, great player, great endorsement for Manly.

It appears we are announcing player retentions on Fridays- c'mon Trex, hold out till next Friday:)

Now that I think about it I don't think it was ever going to be difficult to re-sign Matai. He loves the club and you won't find two players who have a closer bond than him and Watmough.

It's great when we can re-sign any of our dual premiership winners as they have shown a commitment to be the best. If Ballin re-signs then that will be massive.

That's brilliant news. Every key signing I read about allows me to dare to dream, just that little bit more, of the back to back factor.

That's awesome that one of my fave players is staying with us. Great news to start the weekend. Hip hip hooray! :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4