Matai: Radleys favourite hit man.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
HIS career is only 15 NRL games old but young gun Victor Radley is already putting together an impressive dossier of bone-rattling tackles.

The 20-year old has revealed he spent any spare moment as a teenager watching some of rugby league biggest hits on YouTube.

But there was one player in particular that had Radley’s complete attention — Steve Matai.

The Manly centre build a reputation for his ability to cut opposition players in half and Radley couldn’t get enough of it.

“I loved watching Steve Matai videos. He used to smash blokes. He was so good to watch,” he said.

“I remember at school, we’d have our laptops and we’d all just sit around and google ‘big hits’.”

Radley didn’t always hit the ‘sweet spot’ with his tackles.

He admits he had a tendency of leading with his head but that it actually caused him more damage than what it did the other player.

He even remembers how as a child some of the parents of the children on the opposing team would ask his coach to tell Radley to not tackle so hard.

“I remember I had a tackling style where I used to lead with my head a bit and so at that young age some parents weren’t too impressed with it,” Radley said.

“Not knocking other kids out, I was knocking myself out.

Radley says his side’s forward pack face one of their biggest challenges this season when they take on ladder-leaders Penrith on Friday night.

As expected, the excitable 20-year old is relishing the chance to take on a big and physical Panthers pack.

The measuring stick of greatness
Steve Matai
The centre of excellence
Steve Matai
One of the extraordinary players that made Manly great
Steve Matai
Inspiration Personified
Steve Matai
Steve Matai
Steve Matai
Steve+Matai+NRL+Rd+16+Dragons+v+Sea+Eagles+kqiOxeyGC__l.jpg

I agree.. what happened to matai? What i dont like is how none of the boys come to our games. Maybe dce is the reason? Wheres lyon or matai or king i seen George rose who looked like he ate George rose the other week but thats it and i see no beaver anymore. Have they abandoned the club?
Beaver is at every home game I can assure you

I agree.. what happened to matai? What i dont like is how none of the boys come to our games. Maybe dce is the reason? Wheres lyon or matai or king i seen George rose who looked like he ate George rose the other week but thats it and i see no beaver anymore. Have they abandoned the club?

Kingdog is working for the NRL

Kingdog is at many home games. He sits underneath the scoreboard with his kids.

Radley would be an ideal recruit. He can play in the backrow, as hooker and also 5/8. But he is one of the few local Eastern Suburbs juniors so I can't see them passing up such a rare gem.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10