Matai left out of NZ 17

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Just noticed on MSE that Steve Matai and Nathan Cayless have been left out of the NZ final 17. They will stay with the squad but not play unless an unforeseen injury occurs.

Good result for Matai all round as far as we are concerned. Huge confidence boost by being selected but doesnt have to play and risk injury!!

What a load of Bullsh!t, Toopi ahead of Matai :evil:

To me it seems fairly straight forward - who has been the more outstanding centre of the two?? Matai clearly.

Why do selectors constantly reward mediocrity, whilst in turn throwing crap in the faces of the outstanding!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Crusher your right watch out the tigers!

Bell will get a chance to face Whatuira and Matai can have the task of proving the selectors wrong. At this stage of his career Fats probably has the more complete game. Matai must eliminate the mistakes and develop the ability to put his winger in space. If he does the sky is the limit (and that is from someone on record as saying that with Alberts leaving we are in huge trouble!!!)

Just how good is he going though. Who would have thought through the trials that he would even have his name mentioned when the test selections came about.

Everyone said he was ordinary and lathargic but he has really turned it up over the last couple of weeks. I think he's just growing off of his confidence each game and he has a mile of improvment.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4