Matai injured

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
They said on the news tonight that he has damaged his AC Joint, is in a lot of pain and was having x rays on it today. Hope it isnt too bad

I noticed Matai spent a lot of the 2nd half heaviliy favouring one arm. That would explain it I guess. Good on him for showing the ticker to stay out there & keep going just as hard even with the injury,

I have to give him credit. I was having doubts about his temperament before the tests and despite a couple of minor incidents he has knuckled down to concentrate on the job rather than becoming carried away with the niggle & adrenaline.

I think waering the Kiwi jersey has him going all out not to have a brain fart on field. His efforts in concentration and things like carrying on with that injury mentioned above are all very good signs he will mature as a player for us. Good on him.

He has done well so far & has again risen in my estimations.

All i noticed was that he needed assistance from a trainer more than everyone else combined. It was very much the same in the first game.

I don't know if it is that he is injury prone, or if he is just a sook, but we might need to look at hiring a 'matai trainer' next year.

Maybe I was the only one sober enough to actually watch the game. Matai clearly injured his shoulder going in for a tackle in the first half, and probably should have come off immediately, instead he showed some ticker and stayed out there. ... every tackle would have hurt him..... I thought he was a moral to be out 4 -6 weeks.....

All i noticed was that he needed assistance from a trainer more than everyone else combined. It was very much the same in the first game.

I don't know if it is that he is injury prone, or if he is just a sook, but we might need to look at hiring a 'matai trainer' next year.

And it is suggested he will now be playing up the guts of the park.

Kiwis coach Brian McClennan today made four personnel changes for the Tri-Nations rugby league test against Great Britain in Christchurch on Saturday night.

Two of the changes were forced, with wing Shontayne Hape and centre Steve Matai being ruled out due to injuries picked up in the 15-20 loss to Australia in Melbourne last Saturday.

Tame Tupou has been named to replace Hape, with the experienced Nigel Vagana moving from five-eighth to centre and Jerome Ropati partnering Stacey Jones in the halves.

McCleannan named Frank Pritchard to replace Tony Puletua in the second row.

New Zealand Rugby League announced that Penrith's Puletua had been released from the Kiwis' Tri-Nations campaign on compassionate grounds due to a personal family issue.

Kiwis: Brent Webb, Tame Tupou, Nigel Vagana, Iosia Soliola, Manu Vatuvei, Jerome Ropati, Stacey Jones, Ruben Wiki (captain), Nathan Fien, Roy Asotasi, David Kidwell, Frank Pritchard, Simon Mannering.
Interchange: Motu Tony, Nathan Cayless, Jason Cayless, David Fa'alogo. 18th man: Adam Blair

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6