Matai in 2007

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
If the rumours are true and we sign Lyon to play in the centres, i dont think thats end of matai at our club you gotta remember steve bell is going to be 32 when his contract expires and is likely to retire or go to england.

I tend to feel matai could play a similar role off the bench williamson does, im sure he could handle wing, lock and 2nd row and could make a similar impact as dean widders. He would also add value origin time when we would certainly lose bell and lyon.

Thoughts?

Well it would be either Burns/Matai making way for him I guess. I have heard of worse options than that Cliffy although I think he is a bit small for the forwards at this stage of his career.

I would give up matai for Lyon. Burns is a better player and works well in 5/8. We need Lyon as a centre

One word.

defence.
one sentance
100% Improvement on 2005

as for lyon at 5/8 as ive stated im not a fan

we wont win comps if we chop and change our halves every year

look at this
1993 - 1996 Toovey and lyons
1997 - 1999 - toovey -lyons and field
2000 - Taylor and Buetner (yuk)
2001 - C@ntmorley and Walker
2002 - Ferris, Dorn and Williamson
2003 - Ferris, Walker and Dorn
2004 - Monas - A walker
2005 - Monas - Witt
2006 - Orford and Burns

How do we coheision in our attack when every year we are starting with two pivots who havent played together before.

Orford and Burns are doing the job lets put lyon at 4 as a starting point if burns struggles then move Lyon to 6

i still think with a bit of extra "george rose" Travis would make an outstanding hooker / utilty in the craig wing mould to compliment Monaghs at Hooker.

[quote author=Matabele]
One word.

defence.
one sentance
100% Improvement on 2005

look at this
2004 - Monas - A walker
2005 - Monas - Witt
2006 - Orford and Burns

How do we coheision in our attack when every year we are starting with two pivots who havent played together before.

Orford and Burns are doing the job lets put lyon at 4 as a starting point if burns struggles then move Lyon to 6

[/quote]

:doh:

[quote author=Cliffy Gc]
[quote author=Matabele]
One word.

defence.
one sentance
100% Improvement on 2005

look at this
2004 - Monas - A walker
2005 - Monas - Witt
2006 - Orford and Burns

[/quote]

:doh:

[/quote]

You may :doh: but those guys got us to 9th, not a bad effort compared to the others.

Matai isn't really a sought after player....yet. Offer him only what it's worth, get Lyon, and play whoever wherever works best for the team.

i wouldn't mind saying goodbye to Dunners, try Burns and Monas and interchange dummyhalf. Burns isn't a classic 5/8 who sets up backline plays atm. Kinda stifles the attack a little. Let's see how Lyon goes at 5/8 and leave Matai and bell there.

As for matai being a 2nd rower...that could work with a little more beef.

Lyons wont play 5/8, even the media from MSE from the wise budha has said that he will strengthen our centre combination.... almost had a heart attack the other day when some naph suggested Matai would be used off the bench similar to Craig Wing...can play wing/centre/hooker???? I told the block to go outside and give himself an upper cut for suggesting hooker!

If LYON came to Manly next year.. i'd have him as 5/8... from what i've seen of him in the 6 at St Helens.. he will handle it without a doubt.

Matai isn't really a sought after player....yet. Offer him only what it's worth, get Lyon, and play whoever wherever works best for the team.

i wouldn't mind saying goodbye to Dunners, try Burns and Monas and interchange dummyhalf. Burns isn't a classic 5/8 who sets up backline plays atm. Kinda stifles the attack a little. Let's see how Lyon goes at 5/8 and leave Matai and bell there.

As for matai being a 2nd rower...that could work with a little more beef.

Agree re Burns, showing the ball outside and stepping back in gets a touch predictable!

The rumors are true. Lets remember when he came out to a manly game last season, shared beers with the fans in the leagues club...

While contracted to Parra and playing for Saints. Thats a dead give away as to how much crusher is going to influence his decision.

How many other clubs did he do that for?

he is now linked to Cowboys as Ian Millward(fromer St Helens coach) has been signed as Murrays assistant next year.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7