Matai Appeal Unsuccessful

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
According to MSE Matai was unsuccessful in an appeal against the loading points against him and will miss this Saturday's game against the Penrith Panthers. Looks like Lyon is returning at a good time.

From SMH:

It was a bad night for Steve Matai as well with the Manly centre's appeal over the loading on his careless high tackle charge rejected.

The Sea Eagles argued a technicality in the rules did not allow a suspension from last year's end of season Test to impact on the loading of his charge from Monday night's win over Gold Coast, but it was thrown out with Matai to miss Saturday night's match against Penrith.

Im not really concerned either. I think it will actually do him good to have a week off before the finals. He plays a very physical game and an enforced week off wont do him any harm.

Menzies 5/8, Lyon centres. Will be a good way for Lyon to play his first game back. He will be a bit rusty so a run in the backline against a team that tend to go wide early will be good for him.

I think it's a good thing for him to get rid of all his carry over points. He sails close to the wind most of the time and it would be more disastrous if a love tap in the semis cost him a GF spot because of carry over points hanging over his head. He could do with a week off to rest a couple of niggles anyway.

He's never got over the habit of running out of the line.  Hopefully Lyon will be back to plug the hole.  Although he can put on a big hit he certainly can leave a big hole for the opposition to run into.  Des needs to talk to these penalty liabilities, Choc and Stevie.

When there is a likelihood of a two on one against because of a compressed line (as we play) both Bell and Matai are asked to make a ball in all tackle/big head to cut off the outside pass. When it is timed well it is very effective and when it out it looks terrible.

If he'd played for melbourne he would have got off.
You watch the refs in the semi's comming up they'll be told:

"whatever it takes to help melbourne win the G.F so we can save a dying NRL venture in a AFL state"

Should be still called  VFL I say.

dam I got too early this morning.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4