Matai and injuries

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Napper

Bencher
We always see him on the deck holding his neck and stuff and there are plenty of imbeciles call him soft when they have nfi.

I was wondering when was the last time he missed a full game through injury alone??

No-one who has ever played against Matai has said he's soft.
Plenty express fear of him.

Who cares what uninformed nobodies with issues have to say about him?

Like to see the same c**ks run at him - pretty sure they'd be quick to change their summary of Matai when they woke uo 2 days later....:mad:

Not soft just, and since he has stopped trying to be a ball player he has been a thousand times better.

He had surgery the last two offseasons in a row I think

Yeah i mean other team supporters call him soft coz hes always in pain. i guess half the nrl would be ****ed too if they played half as hard as him. Every run every tackle 100% effort i love the way this guy plays

Seems like he hasnt been out injured for a couple years.

I have never read on this forum that Matai is soft. I've posted a few years ago that he had a defensive weakness in running out of the line, something he hasn't done this season, and gives away to many penalties, another thing he hasn't done this season. All good and he certainly adds toughness to our team.

DSM5 said:
I've posted a few years ago that he had a defensive weakness in running out of the line,

Did you? I must have missed it. Maybe you should have repeated it a few more times so we were all clear on how you felt.

Napper said:
Yeah i mean other team supporters call him soft coz hes always in pain. i guess half the nrl would be f***ed too if they played half as hard as him. Every run every tackle 100% effort i love the way this guy plays

Seems like he hasnt been out injured for a couple years.

Metai is one of the toughest players going around, he is a modern day gladiator He plays with a chronic injury that would retire most players.
The only people that would label Metai soft are only the soft cocks that have no idea about the game of rugby league.

Opposition supporters and some commentators still talk about Matai shooting up out of the line and being able to exploit that. I usually respond with can you remember where its actually cost us a try? Considering how many times he's probably saved one doing that, I'd say he's well infront on the ledger.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6