Matabele's player ratings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man

Excuse me a moment of self-indulgence!

Stewart: Was peppered with plenty of bombs and generally stood firm. A couple of mistakes led to tries but he was also victim to some dud calls and was isolated by team mates on occasion. 7

Donald: Did what was required of him in the form of two tries. Always dangerous in space. 7

Hill: Inspirational in defence and organised his side of the field well. An obvious man of the match. 8.5

Stephenson: Was shaky on occasion and didn’t see much ball. 6

Hopoate: Scored a solid try, took some tough runs when it was needed (playing like a 7th forward) and didn’t commit many errors. 6.5

Witt: Tried hard and came up with some penetrating runs. A solid start. 7.5

Monaghan: Kicked well and organised the side. A few things didn’t come off but it was a solid play making display from the skipper. 8

Kite: Steamrolled forward with monotonous regularity. Didn’t do much wrong. 7

Williamson: Virtually invisible which seems to be his go. Did lots of hard work in defence. 6.5

King: A quiet game where he did nothing of note. Kite was much the better penetrative prop of the starters 5.5

Harris: Started strongly in defence and punched the ball forward well. I didn’t sight him much after that. I’m not sure if that’s because he went missing, was sitting on the bench or was injured. 6

Menzies: Johnny on the spot for the try and a grass cutter in defence. He was inspirational and the best of the back row. 8.5

Kennedy: Was solid in everything that he did without being spectacular. 6.5

Watmough: Kept the brain explosions to one (albeit one that cost a try) and scored a try himself. Put on some big hits. 6.5

Minogue: Very, very solid in defence and kept the opposition looking for him. 7

Dunley: Gave away too many penalties but balanced that with a few penetrating runs and some solid tackling. 7

Heckenberg: Did what he’s there for – strong running in attack making 10 metres every time and solid in defence. The same kind of tireless and selfless performance that characterised his 2004. 7

Hill was good but I was dissapointed he was placed on Report thats why I chose Monas as player of the match.

I really hope Tezza plays next week. It's a bit tough to fight 2 charges though.

2 charges he has to get at least 1 week for one of those I would say we wont see him for 3 weeks. You would be spewing on match payments too. He was awesome to be honest

Disagree on 3 areas mata.

Witt - his defence was sensational. He made a few good covering tackles in the second that would have cost us dearly. 8.5

Harris/King you have them the wrong way around. Harris went missing in attack - all of 18 metres i think. Kings metres came early and his tackles early hurt. Swap them.

Will - best player in the first 10. 7.5

I was impressed with Harris early. Did he get injured - I can't remember sighting him in the 2nd half.

I though King's runs were innefectual.

Witt was good in defence, far better than Walker was last year.

i saw him once, he dropped it in a tackle then i never saw him. he was playing out wide on the right

Watch the game again.
See how much Kennedy did.
See how much Kite did.
See how much they were the difference to last year.
See how much Minogue did wrong.
See how much the centre position(s) is a major worry.
See how much hooker/dummy half is still a major concern
See how much the bench is a worry
Did Harris play after 10 mins?
Why such a sanitised player rating for you?

I thought Stephenson didn't show much. That could be because Hoppas wing was fed more but both Hoppa and Hill went looking for extra work.
Hoppa didn't show a single form of dissent no matter how he was hit - give him an extra .5.
King was solid but no doubt Hecks was better. Hecks bounced of the first line and then surged again. I don't remember Princess doing that once. His defence was good.
It took Kite 30 minutes to get in to the game but Kennedy seemed ready to go from the whistle.
Harris reminded me of Terry Randal in the first 15 then he must have been benched or something. Anyway, the little he did was more inspirational than last year.
Both Blue-arse and Dunley stepped up a level from last year.
They all showed at least 50% improvement in so many areas. A very solid effort.

Watch the game again.
See how much Kennedy did.
See how much Kite did.
See how much they were the difference to last year.
See how much Minogue did wrong.
See how much the centre position(s) is a major worry.
See how much hooker/dummy half is still a major concern
See how much the bench is a worry
Did Harris play after 10 mins?
Why such a sanitised player rating for you?
%-6

Sorry, but im not sure if Harris even got on the plane.....maybe he and Steppa went to watch the cricket ????

Minogue tried to put the big hits on too much and the warriors had his drift early and were simple side stepping the flying missile that was minogue.
When he made contact though, boy did that rattle them

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4