Mason, Mateo, Horo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I thought burgess was good tonight, put myles on his back, he wouldnt be expensove and adds good depth and has some good experience, can get the job done.

I'd keep all 3.

While some here have been unimpressed with Horo, I have to disagree. He's having a real go and on a consistent basis too.

I can't see a problem with another year for Mason either. He adds plenty off the bench and I reckon he'd be great for team morale.

I wouldn't let Mateo go either. Very creative and has stopped pushing passes when they're not on.

How did the Raiders get Blake Austin? We should have seen that. Halves sorted for the next 7+ years.
In a perfect world yes he would have been perfect, he signed with Canberra before Foran was interested in Parra, I think every one assumed this time last year that we would keep Foran, If only we knew what Foran was up to and it might have happened. Sliding doors, you cant win em all

They were good against...wait for it....the Titans. In a semi-final against the Broncos or Roosters we'd be calling for their heads.

Goodbye Mason and Horo...let's see what room we have left for Feleti when we sew up our top 25 for next year.

I'd keep all three too.

Mason : He's handy with reporters and he's not boring and wooden in interviews.
Great liaison with the media, great with sponsors and a plus for the club's image.

Mateo : We lost a 5/8 for next year and Mateo would be a very handy backup. Very classy and experience player.

Horo : Aggresive forward with speed that can break the line. I've always thought highly of him even before he came to Manly.

Let's hope our recruiters are smart enough to keep all three. I'm sure they are cheaper than experimenting with untried and more expensive prospects.

I'd keep all three too.

Mason : He's handy with reporters and he's not boring and wooden in interviews.
Great liaison with the media, great with sponsors and a plus for the club's image.

Mateo : We lost a 5/8 for next year and Mateo would be a very handy backup. Very classy and experience player.

Horo : Aggresive forward with speed that can break the line. I've always thought highly of him even before he came to Manly.

Let's hope our recruiters are smart enough to keep all three. I'm sure they are cheaper than experimenting with untried and more expensive prospects.
that's the key...how much money are they on?!

I definitely think Mason should go...Mateo and Horo are questionable, but you have a point...if they are cheap, you could do a lot worse.

Seems that Sao has been getting a couple of mentions in this thread, IMO he has been one of our most consistent all year, Jake excluded.

Always thought Mason and Mateo were going to be great signings for us. It was exactly what we needed a big frame and player with an offload and potential to offer some unstructured play. Thinking of previous buys from over the years Perry, Joe G, Lawerence etc. once these guys got into our culture it revamped and rejuvenated their careers. Unfortunately our culture wasn't there at the start of the year with the circus that was. It appears Mateo has lost a couple of kgs recently and also appears we have our Manlyness back!! On the back of these two along with the emergence of Jake T laying the platform, our backline will carve us into our 11th consecutive finals charge. Like many posts above I have always liked Horo when he is playing as a ball runner, he hits a great line.

Hodges might be surplus to Barrett's 2016 plans considering we're getting Koroisau.

Sao is a keeper. He'll be around a lot longer than Mason, Mateo, Horo, Burgess or BJ will be.

True, Api will trump him at hooker, will Hodges hang around another 2 years until Ballin retires?

The other possibility is Api will play 5/8 next year, someone has to and at the moment there is no obvious first choice.

Seems like the stories of taps on the shoulders sharpened up several of these under performing players into pulling some fingers out into trying to win a new contract.

Sao is getting better week by week and is the one I hope we keep - albeit he is possibly just growing a leg of late playing for a new contract too.

Its good that several of them have lifted after the 'tap" but this season has truly been unacceptable so for mine heads will still roll you cant have half a dozen blokes earning new deals on 12 weeks of mediocrity and a couple of improved efforts when the season is nearly over & with a gun held to their head.

In the past few weeks Horo has been great. He is strong in defence and in attack he is hitting the ball at speed and making good metres nearly every time he gets the ball. Hope Manly keep him.

What happened to Lui last night? Did he play as I don't remember seeing him. If he is going to the Broncos as reported then it looks like he won't be missed.

In the past few weeks Horo has been great. He is strong in defence and in attack he is hitting the ball at speed and making good metres nearly every time he gets the ball. Hope Manly keep him.

What happened to Lui last night? Did he play as I don't remember seeing him. If he is going to the Broncos as reported then it looks like he won't be missed.
Lui was injured

Always thought Mason and Mateo were going to be great signings for us. It was exactly what we needed a big frame and player with an offload and potential to offer some unstructured play. Thinking of previous buys from over the years Perry, Joe G, Lawerence etc. once these guys got into our culture it revamped and rejuvenated their careers. Unfortunately our culture wasn't there at the start of the year with the circus that was. It appears Mateo has lost a couple of kgs recently and also appears we have our Manlyness back!! On the back of these two along with the emergence of Jake T laying the platform, our backline will carve us into our 11th consecutive finals charge. Like many posts above I have always liked Horo when he is playing as a ball runner, he hits a great line.
We have missed Joe G and his tackling ever since he left, his hard straight runs were pretty awesome to boot.

Seems like the stories of taps on the shoulders sharpened up several of these under performing players into pulling some fingers out into trying to win a new contract.

Sao is getting better week by week and is the one I hope we keep - albeit he is possibly just growing a leg of late playing for a new contract too.

Its good that several of them have lifted after the 'tap" but this season has truly been unacceptable so for mine heads will still roll you cant have half a dozen blokes earning new deals on 12 weeks of mediocrity and a couple of improved efforts when the season is nearly over & with a gun held to their head.

So you are saying get rid of those injured.

Bye bye to
Mateo
Foran
Starling
BJ
Lyon
Symonds
Stewart
Buhrer
Leary

I want to keep Mason for the right price
Hold Mateo
Send Horo with the other numpties back to parra

He drops balls and rarely has a positive impact on the game for Manly

I don't see how we can keep Mason at the very least. It would be his last year and due to the salary cap, I think the best we can offer is the lowest contract, $75,000. I'm not sure he'd like to bow out of his career at that price.

It gets repetitive, but I still believe we need to focus on keeping the younger players coming through, the Trbojevic boys (there are four of them), Gutherson, Hiku (he's young, isn't he?) and the rest.

We had Matai, Brett and Glenn Stewart, and Watmough all eligible for the $200,000 for 10 years of loyalty that the NRL "allowed" for one club players. But it is only one payment of $200,000 per club.

As the NRL has shown in the past, some of its ideas are just ludicrous. Their concept of rewarding loyalty by dividing up that money between those 4 players makes me want to crotch stomp the lot of them.

Excuse me for that, but it had to be said.

As the NRL has shown in the past, some of its ideas are just ludicrous. Their concept of rewarding loyalty by dividing up that money between those 4 players makes me want to crotch stomp the lot of them.

Excuse me for that, but it had to be said.

You can correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the NRL come up with that lame brain idea after they gave the Rorters a discount just for Mini?

We are not the eels or the Titans so the goal is to be top 4 every year.

With that goal in mind we can't keep all of burgess, horo, mason and mateo. They are all simply not good enough.

Looking at it from another perspective in a perfect world we probably don't want any of them. However the cap doesn't work that way so I'd probably keep mason and mateo.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2