Mason Lino

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
reports the Knights are trying to move him on to clear some salary space

After losing Hodkinson and Elgey, he would be a very handy backup player in the squad to cover 6/7 and 9. Has performed well every opportunity he has been given in first grade the past few years, solid experienced backup without breaking the bank

I’d imagine Super League will be keen on him though

I like Lino and wouldnt be against it but I think we should more look at a hooker who could cover halves at a pinch rather than vice versa

I think there'd be better options. He's OK imo

Zero tackle Hookers Off Contract 2019

Kurt Baptiste, Billy Brittain, Michael Lichaa, Issac Luke, Matt McIlwrick, James Segeyaro, Zac Woolford

I'll take Baptiste from this Mob. Save Cust for the back up half. I can't see us winning anything with Walker at 5/8 so maybe tough it out for another year until a decent 5/8 becomes available (or maybe promote from within)
Why? Walker was brilliant in the finals game and the last 3 or 4 games of the season he was one of the better halves no question. Hes a gun and can become like jack wighton hes fast strong and elusive and he really has great passing selection and his timing gets better with every game. All this without turbo! With a full pre season he will become a star 5/8 wait and see.. we look extremely dangerous with walker in the halves much much more dangerous then with cust. He was ok but starved walker of the ball whereas walkers uses his outside men very well. The short side raids remind me of the foran days!

Zero tackle Hookers Off Contract 2019

Kurt Baptiste, Billy Brittain, Michael Lichaa, Issac Luke, Matt McIlwrick, James Segeyaro, Zac Woolford

I'll take Baptiste from this Mob. Save Cust for the back up half. I can't see us winning anything with Walker at 5/8 so maybe tough it out for another year until a decent 5/8 becomes available (or maybe promote from within)
Very harsh on Walker there. I thought he really excelled under difficult conditions towards the end there. Could develop into something special if given the time and space. He will play Origin again is my prediction.

Doker-Clay. He can also play halfback.
I watched him a few times last season for the Workers and he was very impressive.
He's very creative. I'm not sure about his defensive qualities but I'd rather see him promoted into the top 30 instead of recruiting from afar.

I like him too .... good natural footballer .... but I get the impression he is too small .... the number of players his size that make it in firsts can be named on one hand .... if you are the size of Toovey or Langer .... you better be a whole lot more than just good ...... especially with the demands of 1st grade defense at hooker ..... wish him luck though .... I've been wrong once before ....

I like him too .... good natural footballer .... but I get the impression he is too small .... the number of players his size that make it in firsts can be named on one hand .... if you are the size of Toovey or Langer .... you better be a whole lot more than just good ...... especially with the demands of 1st grade defense at hooker ..... wish him luck though .... I've been wrong once before ....
True, but that's what people said about Keary and he's proven to be as tough as anyone.
Api is only small yet he is a dynamite defender.
We'll just have to wait and see if Des believes Dockar-Clay is worthy of a chance.

Not that I think we will but if I was looking at a backup half Riley jacks would be my 1st pick

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2