• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Just wondering where all the people that bagged him have gone ?

Haven't heard much out of them lately,must be on holiday :wink:

I'll admit to feeling ambivalent about him, though I hadn't entered the debate.

When he walked to the crease yesterday I thought it would be a good test of his character to see if he's able to get runs in a tight situation. It looks as though he's answered that quite emphatically.

Gievn the choice of Martyn or Lehmann I'd take the former anyday, especially after this latest innings.

Katch for Lehmann in Sydney IMO.

For a guy with as much experience as Lehmann you would expect he would know that wandering around the crease will get you nowhere against the fastest bowler in the world. Very stupid play at the moment from him

Kiwi we have been seeing our families and doing the chrissy thing.

Im glad he is proving me wrong, however i would still drop him, this is as good as he gets and he still puts pressure on the batsman at the other end by not scoring for a few overs.

I also think Lehmann should go as well, time for another youngster. Obvioussly Katich is next but we should get Moss in from victoria and start the change over. That will at least give us 4 batsman that will be there in 3-5 years time.

Martin has well and trully proven himself to stay in the team.

Lehmann has to go. Ponting will have to go it alone.

Kiwi we have been seeing our families and doing the chrissy thing.

Im glad he is proving me wrong, however i would still drop him, this is as good as he gets and he still puts pressure on the batsman at the other end by not scoring for a few overs.

I also think Lehmann should go as well, time for another youngster. Obvioussly Katich is next but we should get Moss in from victoria and start the change over. That will at least give us 4 batsman that will be there in 3-5 years time.

You have a strange selection policy then,dropping a guy who has made back to back tons,and 6 this year,won you a series in India,while you keep a captain who has made no centuries this year and goes out to a disgraceful shot taking the bait set the ball before.

Yeah but i look beyond just the 12 months, see 2003.

and ponting in his bad year is averaging 39

You are all asking that Lehmann be dropped averaging 41.67 this year for the fantastic Katich averaging 43.14. 1.5 runs per innings is nothing. Why not drop Gilly - he can only manage 37 for this year

Dont like his play, dont like the pressure he puts on the other batsman and dont think he should have been there in the first place. He is an average fielder who brings nothing else to the side exept his batting.

and he is averaging 52 for the year.

only took him 4 years to produce his first match winning performance. has only 2 MOM to my knowledge.

I prefer interesting cricketers, we will win either way, and we need to lose every now and again.

He's CURRENT form is very good why look at 2 or 4 years ago, I can't see your logic. Except the fact that it proves you've hated him for 4 years.

I have hated him for a while.

My logic is based on his performances in the past - he only plays well when there is pressure on his spot. After his crap performance against NZ i thought we were on that track again. Im sure it wont be long though

I have been the No. 1 Martyn Nay-sayer I guess but good luck to him over the last 6 months. He is really batting well.......Hasnt got a double-ton yet........And I still dont like him :lol: ..........

I wouldnt expect him too either, tends to do a minimum of what is required to achieve the purpose.

LOL,I have never seen someone produce such a display to prove they have little knowledge of good cricket players. Well Done Fluffy. :)

What ever you reakon kiwi

you rate 18 months without a century as a good cricket player but thats because your a kiwi and are used to crap players. We have higher standards here

It is fun locking horns with you fluffy.

I rate someone who average close to 50 a good batsman,as Martyn does. I also rate someone who has scored 6 centuries in a calendar year a good player.

If you want to go back through history which seems to be what you base selections on you will see that 99% of batsman have a lean patch like Martyn did.
WOuld you drop Hayden because before 1999 he was crap ?

Your current captain is an example,he hasn't scored a ton for 12 months

But Ponting still scores runs consistently.

I'm an Aussie and I give credit were it's due. Martin has earned respect. I also didn't like him a couple of years ago...but he proved us all wrong. He is now a top player and sadly for the Flufster he will be around for another 3 years due to his FANTASTIC 2004

It's the knob jockey batsmen who get out for under 25 consistently that annoy me.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4