Marty WTF

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
But we'll get to cheer 17 Manly players fighting for another win

giphy.gif

Marty was holding back tears after it happened. You could feel his regret through the screen :angel:

Marty would be so relieved with the 1 week and I'm sure the players will lift to ensure he gets to play finals this year :inlove:

#BirdGang

It would go down as probably the greatest ever victory!!

I know of the exploits of all those games in the 70’s and 80’s but to win with 9 players including some of our very best would be well up there!!

I didn't think the tackle is as bad as the commentators are making out, the player ducks down a little on receiving the pass, it wasn't a full on flush hit, seen much worse that is for sure.

I am still amazed at the level of outrage in the media about this tackle. It wasn't pretty however I see no difference in the Kane Evans hit that floored Parker. That has not even rated a mention anywhere and the likes of 360 and controversy corner haven't shut up about Marty and on the one week we needed some Manly media personalities like Toovey or Spud supporting the club and talking over the negative asbestos attacks and Marty's tackle, the idiots at Fox decide to put 2 tigers has beens in Elias and Roach on when they aren't even in the finals series. I tell you what if there isn't a negative agenda against us we are the most unlucky club when it comes to accidental media damage.

I am still amazed at the level of outrage in the media about this tackle. It wasn't pretty however I see no difference in the Kane Evans hit that floored Parker. That has not even rated a mention anywhere and the likes of 360 and controversy corner haven't shut up about Marty and on the one week we needed some Manly media personalities like Toovey or Spud supporting the club and talking over the negative asbestos attacks and Marty's tackle, the idiots at Fox decide to put 2 tigers has beens in Elias and Roach on when they aren't even in the finals series. I tell you what if there isn't a negative agenda against us we are the most unlucky club when it comes to accidental media damage.
I agree with every point you make here, apart from no difference with the kane Evans tackle, it was a direct shoulder to the head of Parker where Kapow was more a lazy, sloppy arm.

It would go down as probably the greatest ever victory!!

I know of the exploits of all those games in the 70’s and 80’s but to win with 9 players including some of our very best would be well up there!!
It would be better than 78 in my opinion. Half the 78 side went on the Roo tour that year and most played in the finals , even though they were wounded.
This is Blacktown v A side littered with rep players and finals experience. Winning this game fellow eagles is the holy grail for Des. His greatest challenge in my books.

Last edited:
It would be better than 78 in my opinion. Half the 78 side went on the Roo tour that year and most played , even though they were wounded.
This is Blacktown v A side littered with rep players and finals experience. Winning this game fellow eagles is the holy grail for Des. His greatest challenge in my books.

Agree, but it ain’t over until the fat lady sings so if they are willing you never know.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8