Maroon or White jersey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
So which jersey will we be wearing in the GRAND FINAL (love saying that)
The Maroon or White jersey

@Larissa

Isn't it the rule, that the highest Season Finalist gets to wear their home jersey?

So I guess we would be maroon against the Knights and white against Easts.

I'm going to take a stab. White if Roosters, maroon if Knights. Basing that on where the teams finished the comp.

Seeing as the boys change jerseys at halftime I'd like to see us wear maroon in the first half and white in the second.

I thought it was a coin toss to decide who chooses the strip - and allow me to use this post to eg for an AAN from any non attending member....

ManlyBacker said:
I'm going to take a stab. White if Roosters, maroon if Knights. Basing that on where the teams finished the comp.

I thought the white jersey is the Roosters home strip and the blue is their away strip. If we're playing in white then surely they would have to wear their away strip.

Pittwater Legend said:
ManlyBacker said:

I thought the white jersey is the Roosters home strip and the blue is their away strip. If we're playing in white then surely they would have to wear their away strip.

I hope you are right. Maroon no matter what. That would be fairer to all those who bought a home jersey this year. Love my 2011 one.

Mark from Brisbane said:
COMMANDER said:
We'll be in the white against the roosters.

Will be buying one this week

You coming @COMMANDER ???

Not this year mate, staying home to watch it with the family.

I don't think I can ever top the 2011 game day experience so I won't try this year!

Larissa said:
Higher ranking team wears home strip.

Maroon v Roosters. White v Knights.

wouldn't it be the complete opposite if the higher ranking team wears home strip?

COMMANDER said:
Larissa said:
Higher ranking team wears home strip.

Maroon v Roosters. White v Knights.

wouldn't it be the complete opposite if the higher ranking team wears home strip?

That's what I thought but I was too scared to question a Preggers Mrs "L".

:D

I think so too Commander, maybe Larissa has it around wrong way.

Anyway I'm superstitious about away jerseys in Grand Finals after 2007. We wore home (maroon) strip in both 2008 and 2011 so hopefully we will get that chance next week.

Chip and Chase said:
I think so too Commander, maybe Larissa has it around wrong way.

Anyway I'm superstitious about away jerseys in Grand Finals after 2007. We wore home (maroon) strip in both 2008 and 2011 so hopefully we will get that chance next week.

Yep, sorry mixed it up. Will fix my post.

Actually it could be up to the club it only states we have to wear the away jersey if the maroon and white clashes with anyone - Roosters or Knights it doesn't.

When there is no Jersey clash both teams should wear their preferred one. Manly should have played in Maroon last night.

Mind you, if GF is a scorcher, white would be a much better jersey to be wearing.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7