Mark Carroll - 2UE interview ( 03 04 06 )

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ChuckWood

Reserve Grader
Driving home from touch footy on Monday night , I flicked over to 2UE . Stan Zemanek had a great radio interview with former Manly tough guy - Mark "spud" Carroll.

Apart from giving his city gym a nice plug , he heaped praise on the Manly Football Club / Team & in particular Manly's victory over the Roosters . He was also talking about Brett Stewart & how he deals with his diabetes condition. Spud mentioned that Brett regularly needs to give himself an injection in the stomach at 1/2 time of games to pick himself up .

What a great player Brett Stewart is , hopefully he'll bag some more tries this Sunday against the Warriors.

As for Mark Carroll , you'd go a long way to find someone more passionate than this guy. He was a great player & is often seen down at Brooky Oval watching the Eagles.

Blocker out - Spud Carroll in .

I'm sick of hearing Blocker on AM radio anyway (not to mention Bozo has become a complete Hadley cronie) - bring Spud into the club somehow, even if it's just to rev up the guys before the game. Imagine having Spud in your face before kickoff - you'd want to go out there and smash every opponent! (legally of course)

With the barest of competent media management Brett Stewart could be one of the superstars of the NRL as his skill is the equal of any of the current young lions and in many cases his record is far better.

Add to that the fact that his stroy is inspirational and he is photogenic and he should be THE face of the NRL.

Instead I reckon you'll find there's still a lot of NRL watchers that are only vaguely aware of him.

Yet another wonderful opportunity missed because of gross ineptitude in a critical area of the club's administration.

Souths man though. Very confusing.
byso ive heard spud on zorba and hollywood saying how he loves both clubs

the question is why did penrith ever let the big man go to start with

With the barest of competent media management Brett Stewart could be one of the superstars of the NRL as his skill is the equal of any of the current young lions and in many cases his record is far better.

Add to that the fact that his stroy is inspirational and he is photogenic and he should be THE face of the NRL.

Instead I reckon you'll find there's still a lot of NRL watchers that are only vaguely aware of him.

Yet another wonderful opportunity missed because of gross ineptitude in a critical area of the club's administration.

I think he appreciates not being in the spotlight!!

I prefer him playing the way he is.... let people ignore what he does... i watch the bloke week in week out and he can match it with any fullback in the game.. if not he's better than most IMO

The fact that Monique Carroll still coordinates the Cheergirls of both the bunnies and the Sea Eagles would indicate a fair element of commitment to both clubs.

Everyone raves about K Hunt but how shakey was he the other day against the Dragqueens?

I wouldn't swap Stewart for Hunt in a blue fit.

Everyone raves about K Hunt but how shakey was he the other day against the Dragqueens?

I wouldn't swap Stewart for Hunt in a blue fit.

Dead Right... K hunt is over rated... stewart ****s on him!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4