Margaret Anthony loses her cancer battle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
A few of you on here will have known Margaret , she was a member here for a while too.

She lived in Emerald QLD and was a fanatical Sea Eagles fan.

She joined one of my early supporter tours to NZ with much trepidation “ Mark , I’m a single , old , Granny I just won’t fit it “. I said “ bull**** , they’ll love you “.

They did.

She went on to join every single trip I ran , and not only that spent an absolute fortune on travelling from Emerald to Brookvale for almost every home game for about 5 years. As she made friends she’d often come for a month and do the away games as well.

She was made member of the year ( to rapturous applause from the crowd as EVERYONE knew of her ) I think about 5 years ago.

And not long after this the cancer hit , which slowed her down a little at first ( but she still travelled when she could ).

Sadly the last two years in particular were very very hard on her , but she still made one final trip driving down to Mudgee for last years game.

She passed away yesterday afternoon with her family by her side.

Attachments

• 2E26E61D-0206-4A50-BF0F-384B22CF19B3.jpeg
    2E26E61D-0206-4A50-BF0F-384B22CF19B3.jpeg
    77.4 KB · Views: 52
Thanks for the post Mark.

I was just thinking about how she was doing yesterday.

What a loss. I'll always appreciate her sending me a 'few Manly things' which was awesome for her to do for a stranger with only the love of Manly as our connection.

She was a real trooper (and Manly member 2012).

I know a lot of members and players were super fans of hers.

A real sad loss.

My sincere condolences to her family.

Man, I consider myself a devoted Manly supporter but that is another level again. Reading that Margaret had travelled from Emerald for home games blows me away. That IS pretty special Mark. Would be nice for the Club to acknowledge Margaret's passing, I reckon.

A few of you on here will have known Margaret , she was a member here for a while too.

She lived in Emerald QLD and was a fanatical Sea Eagles fan.

She joined one of my early supporter tours to NZ with much trepidation “ Mark , I’m a single , old , Granny I just won’t fit it “. I said “ bull**** , they’ll love you “.

They did.

She went on to join every single trip I ran , and not only that spent an absolute fortune on travelling from Emerald to Brookvale for almost every home game for about 5 years. As she made friends she’d often come for a month and do the away games as well.

She was made member of the year ( to rapturous applause from the crowd as EVERYONE knew of her ) I think about 5 years ago.

And not long after this the cancer hit , which slowed her down a little at first ( but she still travelled when she could ).

Sadly the last two years in particular were very very hard on her , but she still made one final trip driving down to Mudgee for last years game.

She passed away yesterday afternoon with her family by her side.
sad for Marg, her family and friends and the club

Did some trips with marg including that auckland trip, she was nervous for about 3 minutes from memory and then she was everywhere. what a great supporter

Thank you for posting @Mitch
A great tribute by our Media Man Cuzzo on behalf of our Legendary club and all Manly people who knew her and were Inspired by her Great Love Loyalty and Passion for the Manly Sea eagles

I never had the pleasure to have met Margerett but I am sure I heard her passionate Manly cheers echo amongst the Passionate Manly crowd on our spiritual home ground

Bodies are laid to rest but the Spirit lives on and the Great Manly Lady Margarette will for ever live on in the chapters of our proud clubs history and in all Manly peoples hearts

Rise in Glory Margerett Anthony
Thank you for your Loyalty Passion and Inspiration for our Legendary club
We hope we can all be worthy to Rise to your Great Supporter Standards

Picture Compliments from Manly Media
ma3.png

This is a great loss. Margaret was a good friend of mine and many other friends of mine as well. She was and still is a beautiful person. Her passion for the club and team was second to none. R.I.P Margaret, gone but never forgotten. You will always be part of our memories

Last edited:
Man, I consider myself a devoted Manly supporter but that is another level again. Reading that Margaret had travelled from Emerald for home games blows me away. That IS pretty special Mark. Would be nice for the Club to acknowledge Margaret's passing, I reckon.
They have , on their website and Facebook page today.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4