Manly's real issue eats away at us all ......

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hamster Huey said:
Yes, Tookey. All this in the last 16 months. Wasn't a problem until the change of government, hey?

All worthy things to consider, but seriously. This is Abbott's fault?!?!?
Yeah, give Tony a break. He's only been the sitting member for Warringah for a measly 20 years, these things take time.

damiennp90 said:
Duff said:
We have the best ground to watch football at in the comp.
All that needs to happen is for the NRL, channel 9, the Telegraph and any other pot stirrers to keep their noses away from business that has nothing to do with them.
It is perfect as it is and that just needs to be accepted and used as a template for other clubs moving forward.

All money will do is ruin it.
I already boycott Gosford due to it's lack of ability to stage a professional rugby league match and I feel very similarly about Parra, only the befores and afters usually justify suffering a game there.

What annoys me is how quick Manly supporters like Beaver Boy have been to jump on the Brookie hate bandwagon, joining in to try to homogenise a local cultural icon.

We need to fight the NRL to leave us alone not fight the government to help us sell our souls to bow down to the petty wishes of Nein and the NRL.

Sorry mate I dissagree with you on 2 points

I know people travel. I live at the opposite end of sydney, and would like some better facilities. I don't think that's a tough ask.

Also we want the club to not only survive but to thrive. And the club needs more corporate dollars. If that's another stand that doesn't bother me.

I do agree with you though on one point. I don't want them to make major changes. It's still Brookie.

Well argued Damien - sensible, objective & good, positive message.

You are out of place here.

Could've sworn I read someone saying they blamed the government for Manly's disastrous 2014, the rain on xmas day and his small penis.

cheers.

tookey said:
Ralphie said:
Both Gillard & Abbott went to the last election promising $10 million. Gillard didn't win so didn't do anything, but hey don't let that stop you from crediting the $10 million to her.

I will actually credit the $10m to Anthony Albanese and not Gillard.

So the Manly Daily and Daily Telegraph stories are incorrect when they states that Albanese (labor party) guaranteed the $10m prior to the election regardless of which party won?

http://newslocal.newspaperdirect.com/epaper/viewer.aspx

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/m-grant-to-help-upgrade-brookvale-oval-set-to-be-announced-today/story-fni3gnk1-1226691728118

Abbott promised $10m to Brookie leading up to the election when Howard was PM. But the $10m was only promised if the Libs won and they were smashed by Rudd.

There is a difference between having the redevelopment of brookie oval as a policy and actually providing money. Albanese was the only politician to actually provide the cash.

BTW Ralphie are you really Tony Abbott's love child Christopher Pyne? :D

You've got me all wrong. I have no love for Abbot or Shorten. I just object to a Rugby League Forum being used as a political platform as a substitution for facts.

Ralphie said:
Both Gillard & Abbott went to the last election promising $10 million. Gillard didn't win so didn't do anything, but hey don't let that stop you from crediting the $10 million to her.

Bit hard for her to win an election she wasn't running in.

TONY ABBOTT NUMBER ONE TICKET HOLDER OF OUR GREAT CLUB AND NUMBER ONE MAN OF OUR GREAT COUNTRY !!!
THE PEOPLE THAT BAG HIM CAN TELL US ABOUT THEIR ACHIEVEMENTS :)

bones said:
Ralphie said:

Bit hard for her to win an election she wasn't running in.

Ok, I get it.

Gillard announced the election date (Later Changed) and Gillard was the one who made the pledge and that was why she was being credited for the $10 million. That her loyal Labor mates later stabbed her in the back is of no consequence to the point.

That'll do me until the footy starts in March.

BOZO said:
TONY ABBOTT NUMBER ONE TICKET HOLDER OF OUR GREAT CLUB AND NUMBER ONE MAN OF OUR GREAT COUNTRY !!!

Bozo, you need to shown Tony how to better position his hands on the footy ;)

Darren said:
If you think politics and parties are different you are kidding. Both are out for power and glory. They both can't run the country.
Generally the party will come before the public. Anybody who does'nt follow the party line can look forward to a short political career.

To those who doubt measures are being taken to try to secure funding for Brookvale Oval may I suggest you read the 2014 Football Club report, which is on this Forum.
Just an observation: I note that Pittwater Park is being used for our trial match with the Sharks....

Mals said:
BOZO said:

Tony was just making sure the backs knew what was on before he fed the scrum.

Mals said:
BOZO said:

At least Tony can hang on to the ball He has safer hands than Choc :)

BOZO said:
Mals said:
BOZO said:

he does plenty of work to strengthen his hands

tookey said:
BOZO said:
Mals said:
BOZO said:

At least he can get it up to do the hand work Unlike some labor supporters :)

BOZO said:
tookey said:
BOZO said:
Mals said:
BOZO said:

At least he can get it up to do the hand work Unlike some labor supporters :)

There would be something wrong if anyone got excited when Gillard walked in the room.

damiennp90 said:
Duff said:
We have the best ground to watch football at in the comp.
All that needs to happen is for the NRL, channel 9, the Telegraph and any other pot stirrers to keep their noses away from business that has nothing to do with them.
It is perfect as it is and that just needs to be accepted and used as a template for other clubs moving forward.

All money will do is ruin it.
I already boycott Gosford due to it's lack of ability to stage a professional rugby league match and I feel very similarly about Parra, only the befores and afters usually justify suffering a game there.

What annoys me is how quick Manly supporters like Beaver Boy have been to jump on the Brookie hate bandwagon, joining in to try to homogenise a local cultural icon.

We need to fight the NRL to leave us alone not fight the government to help us sell our souls to bow down to the petty wishes of Nein and the NRL.

Sorry mate I dissagree with you on 2 points

I know people travel. I live at the opposite end of sydney, and would like some better facilities. I don't think that's a tough ask.

Also we want the club to not only survive but to thrive. And the club needs more corporate dollars. If that's another stand that doesn't bother me.

I do agree with you though on one point. I don't want them to make major changes. It's still Brookie.

A line of boxes above/behind the hill will do. As long as they don't touch what is already there and just add to it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4