Manlys Injuries

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlysister

Reserve Grader
Jamie Lyon a chance for Souths clash
28/03/2011 11:07:31 AM
Manly co captain Jamie Lyon has made a good recovery from a hamstring injury and is a chance of playing against the South Sydney Rabbitohs at BlueTongue Stadium in Gosford on Friday night.

Lyon has missed the last two matches against the Roosters and the Knights after being injured in the first round loss to the Melbourne Storm in Melbourne.

“I’m a chance of playing on Friday – tests later in the week will tell,” Lyon said today.

In further anticipated good news there is also a chance giant centre/winger Tony Williams may be right to play after being a late withdrawl from the Newcastle match at Brookvale Oval on Sunday with an ankle injury.

In a curerent up date of injuries the Sea Eagles medical staff today issued the following report:

David Williams: Knee injury (scans today).

George Rose: corked thigh not considered serious.

Vic Mauro: back strain not considered serious.

Brett Stewart: head wound not serious.

Shane Rodney underwent a shoulder operation last week and will be sidelined for 10-12 weeks.

Why would we risk bringing Lyon back to early when we are doing great. Get him 100% fit first & as for T-REX Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I wouldn't risk Killer to be honest. Let me have that extra week to get himself completely fit.

And if somehow Wolfie is out, Hoppa will be there. No matter what Hoppa must be in our side.

How about the rise of centres and back rowers right in time to replace Lyon & Rodney. Natural progression or excellent planning by the coaching staff.

manlysister link said:
Shane Rodney underwent a shoulder operation last week and will be sidelined for 10-12 weeks.

That's bad news about Shane.  Sure we have others playing well but he was one of our best last season before getting injured and could add that little bit extra to the team.  Hope the surgery went well and he has a quick recovery.

I guess the coaching staff looked at the likely positions that have the usual injury worries and put some effort into identifying good young buys.  Centres and backrowers.  Great planning.  Shayne Rodney maybe past his best.  Injury prone and getting on.

Rodney was one of the top 3 players of the year in 2010 DSM. To say he is past it is nuts. If he gets on the field and lets us down I will agree but for now I am hoping he will be the super weapon used to finish off a great season. He can't come back soon enough imo.

Loved Rodney in 2010, will be a great addition when he comes back at the back end of the season....but he might struggle to get a spot!!

Rodney is injured 80% of the time. He was worth a punt due to his ability but it was always a risk signing him on due to his pre existing/previous major injuries. Shame because he is talented but time to move past him.

As for Wolfy, I think he will have a big job ahead of him trying to convince Des that Oldfield is less worthy.

My Souths mate reckons Wolfman is Santa Claus, only puts the colours once a year :D

He didn't like me mentioning 400 grand Roy :cool:

Darren said:
Hope Joe is okay? going awesome at present
I hope he's OK too but saw him tonight at the post match function on crutches with a moon boot, so I'd say he's not OK. Pity as he's been so good this year.

bones said:
In saw Nood at the leagues club... He said slight strain and should be ok next week.

Obviously you are talking about Joe Gulavao.

Where did the name "Nood" come from?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8