Manly's Greatest Ever 2nd Rowers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader

We have had many fine 2nd Rowers in the Eagles colours:

I can think of Menzies and Daniel Gartner, that dominant set in the 90s, Crusher Cleal, Goldie Walker and then going back there have been great players such as Terry Randall, Les Boyd, Rex Mossop just to mention a few.

Even narrowing down a list for inclusion in the 60 Year Dream Team on this site is virtually impossible.

Who else would you include??

Myself - I would probably include Beaver and Randall as the two best but to leave the others out is just incredibly hard.

absolutly the toughest call of the lot.

I think i would have to agree with your choice although i havnt seen much of Terry Randall what i have seen and read leaves no option

Fluffy, if you missed out on Randell, that's a real shame. He was fantastic. I reckon there's *&^%load of players who wished they had never been tackled by him or tried to tackle him. If you wanted to do a training film on how a second rower should play, just run replays of his games.

Beaver the other choice no questions. Wasn't Rex Messup a prop?

If you reckon Beaver and Morley hit hard you should have seen Randall - he was a hammer and did it forty or more times each game. Won the RLW poll every year for the player who hit hardest. Never shirked the heavy stuff either.

Not that I would vote for him over Randall & Menzies I would think Phil Lowe should be offered as an option.

Pleased to see that Mal Reilly currently has a comfortable lead in the lock forward poll.

I think (only from what I have been told about the respective players:-

11. Terry Randall
12. Noel Cleal
13. Steve Menzies

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4