Manly's Future(on field)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Napper

Bencher
Has Manly on field ever been in a better position for the future?

We havnt had to sign a marquee player for 6 years, We've won 2(should be 3) Grandfinals in 5 years, We lose 2 rep players yet have the best halves pairing in the comp tied up for 3 years and they're only 22. We have arguably the best fullback in the comp. Lyon is the best centre, Matai is in the top 5 too. Choc and Glenn S are within the top 10 backrowers, Kite up there with the best of Props, Taufua is showing plenty of promise on the wing (even though 50% of you would scoff at that comment i believe he has massive potential)

We signed 3 promising toyota cup players, have a few Australian Schoolboys coming up from SG ball to NYC.

All this and a rookie coach with a very unsettled pre-season then had to endure the worst injury criris since the Dogs 2005 not to mention boardroom issues, dealing with player retention and a season draw from hell yet still has the side gaining momentum and sitting outright in 4th place.

We're looking extremely competitive for the next 4+ years. The only hiccups will be Choc, Gift, Killer, Kite etc.. retiring in a few years but thats miles away.

The way this club has dealt with recent losses has done more than enough to fill the gaps and should be congratulated. I will be renewing my membership for 2013 and purchasing one each for both my kids because i've never been happier with what this club has done since the BS in October 2011.

Manly Forever!!!!!

bones said:
And one more thing. We have the best man running the joint in David Perry.

Don't you read the telegraph? He's a fu**wit apparently. :p

We dont do that on public forum Napper !!

I was thinking today that jeez we are set up for long term success. 2015 will be a testing time when all the guys come off contract but thats ages away.

Continuity in the playing roster is the key to long term success. Apart from losing some wingers and some fringe players, manly has maintained the core group.

There must be an amazing culture in the sheds between the boys. I know there is at shark bar when they get a saturday or friday night off!

The current team I think is a once in a generation team. Amazing that nearly the whole run on first grade side made their first grade debuts with the club. Compare that to souffs and the poor old sea beagles who basically have to ransack other clubs and existing talent to be competitive.

Napper said:

In comparison to other clubs it truly is a sporting commercial success story unlike other modern day others.

To follow Manly is to be one of the privileged few.

We also have a committed Multi National Sponsor and URM who both love the Manly Sea Eagles.
Manly are the virus killers who continually clear out the rubbish that is heaped on them:p

And not forgetting, the most discerning Supporters who want the very best for their District Rugby League in face of daily vilification :D

Love truly conquers all :heart:

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet as the B2B in 2012 :)
http://instagram.com/p/OX4zWkzbrX/

And the best hats!

And the second best forum.

(that last one is just to make Dan work harder. lol)

It will be interesting in a few years time as we will have a large number of quality players looking to retire. Hopefully our succession plan is a good one.

Garts said:
It will be interesting in a few years time as we will have a large number of quality players looking to retire. Hopefully our succession plan is a good one.

That plan is already in place with our spate of under 20s signings. Club look to have all bases covered. Great times ahead.

Napper said:

All this and a rookie coach with a very unsettled pre-season then had to endure the worst injury criris since the Dogs 2005 not to mention boardroom issues, dealing with player retention and a season draw from hell yet still has the side gaining momentum and sitting outright in 4th place.

Manly Forever!!!!!

Add to that the club has been forced to travel the most out of any NSW/ACT teams during the course of 2012 season, even when not including the UK trip preceding Round 1.

Add to that we are in fourth despite the best efforts of Harrigan and his band of merry whistle blowers and video buffoons.

the mauler said:
Garts said:

That plan is already in place with our spate of under 20s signings. Club look to have all bases covered. Great times ahead.

I can see what they are planning for but not all under 20's players kick on. Hopefully we have a couple in there that will but I doubt all will. We have generally been pretty good in that regard in the past so no doubt a couple should.

HappilyManly said:
We also have a committed Multi National Sponsor and URM who both love the Manly Sea Eagles.
Manly are the virus killers who continually clear out the rubbish that is heaped on them:p

And not forgetting, the most discerning Supporters who want the very best for their District Rugby League in face of daily vilification :D

Love truly conquers all :heart:

Any news on them re-signing or fatboy getting the flick?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7