Manly's equivalent in AFL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I hate afl. When the suns are playing at home they block off some of the streets near my house.

In AFL, a team is hated for being a bunch of bogans, not for their success. The NRL is full of tall poppy syndrome cases.

If we hated teams and their supporters the way that the AFL fans do, Manly would be the pride of the league and Souths would be Collingwood.

Crusher_Cleal said:
1 crucial difference off the field. Collingwood is the richest club in the AFL, and best resourced. We're possibly the poorest club in the NRL, and definitely the worst resourced.

The team from another code we're like is the Central Coast Mariners - smallest club off field and struggles finically but still wins.

Chip and Chase said:
I wouldn't want to be compared to collingwood. Their fan base is like souths. 1 or 2 high profile supporters who have jobs, the rest have no job, no teeth and a IQ less than their favourite players' jersey number.

Lol there's a quote to save.

Yea, sadly the Sea Eagles kinda correlate to the Magpies as the team most of the sports' fans love to hate.

I like to equate us to Hawthorn or Geelong based on other factors already mentioned.

Personally, my teams have been the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles & the Essendon Bombers since around 8 years old (though I don't really like or watch much AFL).

Go Manly!

AshfieldBazza said:
Hawthorn are the more likely comparsion, Collingwood also have the biggest fan base in AFL and ours is not by a long shot in NRL. We definitely leave them in the dust by a long way for premierships as mentioned in last 40 years or so, not even close. They have lost a lot of GF's in that time though so they're not a bottom of the table team all the time either

I'm with you. The Hawks and Manly seem to have a parallel path over recent decades and their on and off the field more mirrors us than Collingwood (except for membership).

I see Souths as more of a 'partner' club to Collingwood; early success but largely ineffective over the last few decades when compared to the pre-season talk; rabid fans that think the League only survives because of them.

Hawthorn. Lived there for year. Sort of silver tail like area. Had a double bet that year for manly and hawthorn to win. It payed for removalists to get the hell out (of bleak city).

Bradza said:
EagleHaus said:
IMO I think Collingwood is similar to Manly - everyone hates them but they always seem to be hanging at the top.

Mate, Collingwood have won two comps in 54 years - how can you compare us to them? Besides the general dislike there's no comparison and that dislike comes for very different reasons. A room full of Pies supporters would have trouble finding the door. Manly are the thinking person's footy team.

I think the Hawks comparison is closest and I've been surprised at the level of dislike towards them from other team's supporters. But how can your team colours be mustard and poo brown!!

Old Manly Boys High colours.

Sort of like asking which car from the Kia range compares to the Bugatti Veyron best. I find AFL dull and boring. It's like watching two floats battling each other at the Mardi Gras.

Volley said:
Bradza said:
EagleHaus said:
IMO I think Collingwood is similar to Manly - everyone hates them but they always seem to be hanging at the top.

Mate, Collingwood have won two comps in 54 years - how can you compare us to them? Besides the general dislike there's no comparison and that dislike comes for very different reasons. A room full of Pies supporters would have trouble finding the door. Manly are the thinking person's footy team.

I think the Hawks comparison is closest and I've been surprised at the level of dislike towards them from other team's supporters. But how can your team colours be mustard and poo brown!!

Old Manly Boys High colours.

Poos and wees!! Poos and Wees!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4