Manly's defence can win Premiership 2024!! Discuss.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Status Quo

Reserve Grader
Manly's round 2 victory over The Roosters at Brookie was based on their defence.
There was too much lost ball and a disallowed try that disgusted Gus Gould, that kept Manly's score to 21.
Manly's defence was powerful and effective, stopping a quality Roosters side from scoring more than 14 points.
I rejoiced when JWH was picked up and driven backwards.

I know it's early in the season, however there are positive signs for our Sea Eagles' Premiership hopes.

We have plenty of improvement required on our right side but it is looking better than last year. Another 30% improvement there I reckon.

If they come out and bash teams every week no doubt that will win them more games.

A bit of work needs to be done on the edges particularly the right side, Koula, Brooks and Benny T are coming along well on the left.

Some good players out with injuries also to come in.

My only concern was that the roosters seemed to somewhat easily on their first two tries.

Still some work to be done.

My only concern was that the roosters seemed to somewhat easily on their first two tries.

Still some work to be done.
5 tries conceded against a poor Rabbits and the Roosters had minimal ball today and still managed 3 tries.The defence will only improve when DCE and Olakau’atu sort their sh*t out,because every team targets the right side

5 tries conceded against a poor Rabbits and the Roosters had minimal ball today and still managed 3 tries.The defence will only improve when DCE and Olakau’atu sort their sh*t out,because every team targets the right side
Most teams do but not the Rorters they predominantly prefer attacking with their right edge, that’s where Koula, Ben T and Brooks were good, though Koula is a talent shuttling down Manu is no easy task.

Whilst our defence has improved it's not premiership winning defence. We are going to need to hope attack wins games for us

Whilst our defence has improved it's not premiership winning defence. We are going to need to hope attack wins games for us
I agree that at the moment our defence is not premiership quality. They defended much better than we did today. When they were in their attacking red zone they pretty much scored most of the time apart from The last 15 mins when they were clearly gassed. So I think our defence in our defensive red zone needs to improve. We can’t seem to defend mistakes. However in general play our defence seems pretty good. Line speed today wasn’t as good as Vegas but still strong.

Our goal-line defence has always been dodgy for a couple of years. Easy to find weaknesses in our edges. What's improved though is our contact and our aggression before the advantage line and we are able to hold that level of physicality for most of the game which is a compliment to our fitness. We need to fix our goal-line edge scramble and also adopt a more faster and suffocating line speed to maintain throughout the game.

Leaking too many points to qualify for finals. It’s ok if you’re hitting back which we sort of have done but def need to tighten up. It’s 50 50 at the moment. Our defence could easily take a dive if the boys are not careful. Good thing is that we can attack as good as other teams but defence is borderline so far.

Leaking too many points to qualify for finals. It’s ok if you’re hitting back which we sort of have done but def need to tighten up. It’s 50 50 at the moment. Our defence could easily take a dive if the boys are not careful. Good thing is that we can attack as good as other teams but defence is borderline so far.
Wait til they play some of the top level defences like Penrith and the Storm before making a judgment on the attack

Wait til they play some of the top level defences like Penrith and the Storm before making a judgment on the attack
Na I’ll do it now thanks. I know who we have played. That’s what we are like at the moment so Why wait??? It’s out of our hands and I certainly don’t know what’s going to happen against the dragons. What are we waiting on. I couldn’t care if I’m right or wrong.Early days I know but I am not trying to predict only stating the way I am seeing it so far. No need to wait on what’s in front of me.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8