Manly's Brett Stewart, Daly Cherry-Evans take steps to end feud

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
Manly's Brett Stewart, Daly Cherry-Evans take steps to end feud
Date
July 18, 2015 - 7:04PM

Brett Stewart's form over the past 12 months demands that he is rewarded with a new deal.

His professionalism is highlighted by a softening on his stance towards Daly Cherry-Evans. You may remember the ill feeling towards DCE from the Stewart brothers, Anthony Watmough, and others.

Stewart knows he is going to spend the best part of the next three years playing in the same team as DCE. Both Stewart and DCE were in a small group of Manly players who went out to celebrate the win over the Titans on the Gold Coast and they got on when they were out together.

It sounds like a small thing, but that is definitely a big step in their relationship. It would not have happened a few months ago.

The Eagles need their highest-profile players seeing eye to eye because the broom is being put through the playing ranks. As we told you a couple of weeks ago, not even club favourites like Matt Ballin are safe.

Ballin's management are well and truly aware of the directive for him to look elsewhere and that highlights how brutal the shake-up at the club will be.

The Sea Eagles are prepared to make the hard decisions to right the ship, particularly in the vital coaching and development areas. The sudden change of direction under the supervision of club great Bob Fulton predictably has got some noses out of joint. But criticism has never and won't affect Fulton's desire to fix a massive problem.

He is simply answering a call from owners Scott and Rick Penn to accelerate the recovery.

Figures released last week support the fact there are critical issues at the junior and development level.

The NRL figures based on the elite under-20 competition show Manly is last of the 16 clubs in developing players through the 20s to the NRL, with just 12 players making the jump.

In comparison, South Sydney had 25 players make the leap, exactly the reason a major restructure of the juniors and development was pinpointed by Fulton six months ago.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...o-end-feud-20150718-gifec2.html#ixzz3gF3uFxoI

Great work Joe Kelly. Sign up Ballin, a one club player and a man that bleeds maroon & white, to a 2 year contract extension & then try to p!ss him out of the club at season's end.

"they got on when they were out together."...opposed to punching the crap out of each other....gossip column stuff!

Postscript: how does removing Ballin help solve the Club's player development issues? More mental contortion and conflation from Mr Weirdler.

Some people on here never cease to amaze me. There was general applause when Ballin was resigned but now that Bozo wants him out Kelly is a goose for signing him for 2 years.

I believe @Mals comment was sarcastic frustration. Why on earth would kelly sign him up just to tell him where the door is? Especially a player such as Matt Ballin who bleeds maroon and white and should go down as a one club legend.

Some people on here never cease to amaze me. There was general applause when Ballin was resigned but now that Bozo wants him out Kelly is a goose for signing him for 2 years.
Further, it was Joe who was involved in signing Burgess who has also been tole to look elsewhere by Bozo.

I have the feeling Toovey is being primed to take over as CEO in a very short period of time and Jo will be the sacrificial lamb. Toovey will do a great job with the likes of Bozo and Arthurson by his side. There is a lot of clout there I'm sure.

They should take smaller steps from here on in....getting married would be a big step and adopting Weidler would be a step too far...
Lol.
They'd have to take a long flight to tie the knot in The Land of the Free and the Home of the Completely Bonkers.
But the kids are ready made. Cherry has two babies and they already beat Weidler in IQ tests.

*The bonkers line refers to gun laws not gay marriage. A Vegas Elvis wedding would be perfect for Snake and Chez. I really should do my job now and stop being demented on Silvertails.:p

Last edited:
It wouldn't surprise me if these rumours are put out there by someone who is 'anti-Penn' to generate fan anger towards Scott Penn. I'm no great fan of the Penn's myself, but I want the club to succeed regardless of who owns it, or who is running it. I think there are one or two out there who would prefer to see the club fail while the Penn's are running it, just so they can say 'I told you so' .

The NRL figures based on the elite under-20 competition show Manly is last of the 16 clubs in developing players through the 20s to the NRL, with just 12 players making the jump.

In comparison, South Sydney had 25 players make the leap, exactly the reason a major restructure of the juniors and development was pinpointed by Fulton six months ago.

The fact that we have had a more stable NRL roster than any other club since the firts Under 20s comp in 2008 would explain why our youngsters haven't been getting as much of a go.

Those that have come through have done ok though.

The article at the top of this thread is based on nothing. They may not be best bosom buddies, but seriously : "Feud" ?
It is a space filler, with no new information or even good information. Do you like everyone at your workplace ?

The article at the top of this thread is based on nothing. They may not be best bosom buddies, but seriously : "Feud" ?
It is a space filler, with no new information or even good information. Do you like everyone at your workplace ?
Exactly, I sure as hell don't lol. Was just like the Watmough quote about not going for beers with DCE. There's plenty of people at my work i won't go for beers with either.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8