Manly's blacktown workers sign Shaquai Mitchell ( Latrell's older brother )

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The big boy has dumped Blacktown in a controversial manner to link with his brother at Redfern according the the Tele. Can’t get past the paywall to read further.

Latrell’s big brother’s shock arrival at Souths
1580468648516.png

We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph

what a low act. They are a piece of work the Mitchell brothers. Steve Hales is a good man and deserved a phone call at the very least. Good riddance.

Last edited:
And of course injuries in NRL mean the reggies lose their best players, as well as any who get hurt in reggies, all making it harder for a reggies outfit to develop teamwork.

Shaquai Mitchell dumps Blacktown for Bunnies … But he forgot to tell Blacktown he was leaving
Just when you thought you’d heard the last of Latrell Mitchell’s messy contract saga, now his big brother Shaquai has landed at South Sydney after dumping Blacktown in controversial circumstances.
Paul Crawley, The Daily Telegraph
Subscriber only
|
January 31, 2020 8:35pm
Close

FOXSPORTS0:31
May sentenced for sex tape
NRL: Penrith Panthers playmaker Tyrone May was on Friday given a three-year good behaviour bond for his role in a sex-tape scandal.

MORE IN SPORT

Titans NRL star suffers tragic injury at training

Bogut: The NBL stars who are NBA ready

Roosters lock in rising star

similars

Just when we all thought we’d heard the last of Latrell Mitchell’s messy contract saga, now his big brother Shaquai has landed smack bang in the middle of his own controversy at South Sydney.
In a stunning development, The Saturday Telegraph can reveal that the giant prop has done a runner on Blacktown Workers so he can join Latrell at Redfern.
The only problem is no one thought to tell the good people at Blacktown who threw him a lifeline over summer that Shaquai would not be back.
Because this week Shaquai has been spotted training with Souths instead.
LIVE stream Indigenous All-Stars v Maori Kiwis in the 2020 Harvey Norman NRL All Stars match on KAYO. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >
Shaquai Mitchell (L) helping Latrell and their dad with the fires in Taree. Image: Facebook
Shaquai Mitchell (L) helping Latrell and their dad with the fires in Taree. Image: Facebook
As it turned out it was The Saturday Telegraph who broke the news to Blacktown coach Steven Hales late on Friday that Shaquai had gone.
Hales conceded Shaquai had not trained with Blacktown in recent days but was adamant: “As far as we are concerned Shaquai has signed with us and we are really pleased with the progress he is making.
“We look forward to him running out in our colours this year for Blacktown.”
The Saturday Telegraph was initially told that Shaquai would be at the Bunnies for the next two years and that it was a done deal.

FROM OUR PARTNERS
offnet-icon.svg

New HBO space comedy starring Hugh Laurie Starts Jan 21. Only on Foxtel.
But when we rang Blacktown to find out if Shaquai was close to NRL ready, that’s when it all went pear-shaped.
Latrell Mitchell is busy trying to get in shape for NRL round 1. Photo: Dylan Robinson
Latrell Mitchell is busy trying to get in shape for NRL round 1. Photo: Dylan Robinson
While Blacktown weren’t aware Shaquai was leaving, Souths football boss Shane Richardson also sounded genuinely shocked there was even a dispute.
Richardson was insistent that no contract had been offered, and Shaquai was only on a train and trial agreement.
Richardson also said he had been told Shaquai had no signed deal with Blacktown, despite Blacktown saying they did.
“He hasn’t signed any contract with South Sydney whatsoever,” Richardson said. “I am guaranteeing you.
“He has trained with Souths this week, yes, but he has signed no contract with South Sydney.
“And if he has a contract with Blacktown or otherwise and they want to hold him to it, well, he will be playing for Blacktown.”
It seems the Mitchell brothers are closer than footy clubs! Photo: Dylan Robinson
It seems the Mitchell brothers are closer than footy clubs! Photo: Dylan Robinson
Whatever the case someone connected to Shaquai should have told Blacktown that he was now trying his luck at Souths.
“As far as I’m concerned, as of last week he was training with us and looking forward to the upcoming trials and putting his best foot forward,” Hales said.
Once estimated to weigh 150kg while playing at Wyong, Shaquai said in a recent interview he was down to 147kg but apparently still in no physical shape to even be considered for the Rabbitohs’ top squad just yet.
Hales said Shaquai had trained hard throughout the summer but was still not ready to join Blacktown’s top squad.
Shaquai was previously contracted with the Sydney Roosters and at one point was in the top 30 squad before going back to play at Wyong.
Good judges rated Shaquai as good a talent as Latrell as a schoolboy but it’s no secret he has struggled because of his size.

Bennett - “Latrell we really want you at Souths but we can’t afford to pay you the $1m pe TV season you are worth.

Latrell - “ That’s a shame cause me and my bro always loved Souths as kids.”

Bennett- “ Your brother plays for Blacktown doesn’t he, maybe we could sign him for $250k and throw in a gift from Rusty and you two could sort it out between yourselves.”

Latrell - “ Hand me a pen“

Steve Hales stating that Shaquai is not even ready yet for the Black Town main squad probably says it all in terms of his present value to the Black Town set up let alone any prospective Manly N R L consideration . Also really just very poor form and attitude from him for not informing Black Town of his change of playing intentions Agree also that Richardson has always had a questionable credibility issue dating back to the super league days and other subsequent examples so would not expect too much there in regard to doing the right thing with other clubs at any level . Probably much better to be rid of those type of players before any more well intentioned time and effort is directed to them

He is 147kgs and has only lost 3kgs in the offseason. At that weight he should be losing 3kgs a week. Don’t really see the commitment that is really needed at Blacktown.
On the other side of the fence I smell a rat loading Shaq $$ to top up Latrell as the Chooks would of done.
Anyway...... Meh

By all accounts he would have struggled to make blacktown’s 2nd team, unless he put in a few months concerted effort. So I’m sure he’s no great loss, but if he had a contract then there needs to be some scrutiny.

especially if Souths are planning on signing him anywhere in their top 50 players.

Don't know how much say Manly have in Blacktown contracts but I would say you breached the conditions of the contract so we are ripping it up.
Souths will sign him at Todd's blessing.

This family seem to be one to stick clear of in signing them to your club, Shaquai seems to think he doesn't need to put in any effort. Losing 3kg of weight is nothing at his build, he would eat that in one sitting at KFC. Latrell should have signed the deal East offered, he will disappear within a season or two. No idea who these blokes are listening too but they are getting extremely poor advice.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8