Manly's BEST signings in years

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Paulo wasn’t as impactful as I hoped, however, apart form missing one tackle, he was safe under the high ball didn’t get rolled into touch and had limited opportunities in space to show his speed.

It’s one game and I think he’ll hold his spot.
Yeah I was underwhelmed but for a first game it was passable. I don't think he would have played any worse than the other guys who are gunning for a wing position

Fair call mate
I understand also those who make the true point it's just 1 game
My point is in that 1 game there was more to be excited about than any signings in recent seasons after that 1st game and I think there was a real feel that this is the beginning of something pretty special
based on what they bought to the team
I was very pleased at how they responded to Souffs going 8 ahead, in past seasons they would have put their heads down and that would have been it, the fact that they stuck to the script is great encouragement for the future, early days but the most encouraging start to a season in years for mine

Manly have built up a good side with some rising stars from the junior ranks and now and then some excellent buys. In recent years, they nabbed Garrick, Saab. Aloi, Last year Lodge. This year Brooks, Brown and I'm hoping Talau. From one of the most pedestrian backlines and vulnerable forward line ups, Manly now has the fastest, slickest back line and a formidable set of forwards. Well built up. Hope it all fits together because the talent is there.

"Manly's BEST signings in years"......Potentially, they are (All of them). Seibold & Co have done a great job in securing Brooks, Brown, Paulo, Talau and Lodge with very little room to move in the salary cap.
Don’t forget waddles the duck

Hey ! Remember all those supporters saying sack Seibold … even before he set foot in the place!

Just sayin’
Hey feathered friend @ManlyTragic Tragic always look forward to your passionate posts

Yes we all remember the sack Seibold posts even before he set foot in the place
And the best foot forward in getting Respect is to Earn it the Manly Winning Way
and It is Great to see Seibold doing just that with our Great Historic World class win on world stage .

The Moral of the story
Respect is not given
Respect is Earned

Hey feathered friend @ManlyTragic Tragic always look forward to your passionate posts

Yes we all remember the sack Seibold posts even before he set foot in the place
And the best foot forward in getting Respect is to Earn it the Manly Winning Way
and It is Great to see Seibold doing just that with our Great Historic World class win on world stage .

The Moral of the story
Respect is not given
Respect is Earned
@BOZO I was more thinking….
“Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.”
– Benjamin Franklin

He just "fits".

Is it weird to say, he just seems "Manly" if that makes sense. Thought it would take time to wash that Tigers smell off him, but nope. It's like he's been here for years.

Class.

Agreed.
Every off field interaction I've seen Brooks and DCE have, looks like they've been mates forever

In fairness, Paulo missed one tackle and he still had hold of the guy’s ‘shorts string’ when he scored. You can’t fault him for effort, just a bad read.

He was absolutely ‘crunched’ bring the ball back, however, still retained posession.

Brown and Brooks were both outstanding and made a huge difference to our attack.

I think Brown and Bullemor, off the bench, are going to be ‘metre eaters’, with their leg speed.

It’s early days, so you have to wait and see how we go over the next few rounds against the Chooks and Panthers. That will give us an indication of where the team really is.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Seibold gives Schu a run at Blacktown this weekend, just to see where he is at, to build his confidence and to give him game time.

Who replaces Saab? I reckon Tommy Talau will get a run.

Assuming Manly do go well this season, it will
be interesting to see how long it takes for the media to pick up on that. They’re often about 4-6 rounds (perhaps a I am being charitable) behind the play when it comes to emerging trends.
A lot speaking very positively about us already

In fairness, Paulo missed one tackle and he still had hold of the guy’s ‘shorts string’ when he scored. You can’t fault him for effort, just a bad read.

He was absolutely ‘crunched’ bring the ball back, however, still retained posession.

Brown and Brooks were both outstanding and made a huge difference to our attack.

I think Brown and Bullemor, off the bench, are going to be ‘metre eaters’, with their leg speed.

It’s early days, so you have to wait and see how we go over the next few rounds against the Chooks and Panthers. That will give us an indication of where the team really is.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Seibold gives Schu a run at Blacktown this weekend, just to see where he is at, to build his confidence and to give him game time.

Who replaces Saab? I reckon Tommy Talau will get a run.
Personally, I wouldn’t call it a bad read. Firstly, Paulo can’t stay out on the wing if his centre is pushing in because his job is stay connected in the line. If he stays out, a hole opens up and Souths easily score.
Secondly, everything was working as the system intended because Latrell through a great pass but we had it covered. Paulo made contact a good 6-7m from the try line.
Therefore, the issue was not systemic, the issue was the soft contact from Paulo. A half decent effort would see the rather small Gagai bundled into touch. Instead, it was rather soft contact and they scored.

He is capable of higher energy if his previous performances in first grade are anything to go by. I’m a big fan of what he can bring, but I have to lament that his first outing was not his best.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8