Manly's Best Ever Captain

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader

The final vote for the Silvertail Dream Team of the last 60 Years is up for voting on the poll on the left.

it is hard choice as we have had some great captains in the past (and now) though one in my mind stands out.

Note that I did not put up a poll for the best administrator as Ken Arthurson is probably the only person who could even be put up for such a vote. He is so far ahead as the Godfather of our Great Club.

Doug Daley is possibly up there but so many others have come and gone with little mention and a short tenure without really shaping the club in the way that Arko moulded us in the dominant club we were to become.

o'conner. my favourite all time player

What about Max Krilich?
I thought about Max (my all-time favourite player but he was more dominant as Aussie Capt of the Invincibles than he was for Manly. Happy to add him though!

Ass clown Vautin isn't even in the team (thank God) so how can he be Captain ? Tooves argued with the ref too much, liked Snoz but lost respect for him after Super League, didn't see enough of Fulton, Kennedy is a Johnny Come Lately.....so that leaves Max.

Tooves.

Arthurson could be our best administrator except for guiding Manly to a Merger with Norths. Then he wiped his hands of it as soon as they merged.

To be honest I lost a lot of respect for the bloke because of that.

byso he had to. He was trying to save the ARL and he did it. He had to sacrifice us to do it though

I'm with you byso, I think going to superleague as Manly was a better option than linking with Norths. However saying that, my daughters say that spitting Norths out completely from the league was Manly's greatest ever move.

It's not like we had a lot of options. We were in some pretty serious financial woes, and weren't guaranteed a spot in the new competition by any stretch of the imagination. I was for it at the time - better to have a merged club playing some games at Brookie than no club at all.

exactly crusher.

At the time i was for it. I would rather some semblence of a club than no club at all!!!

I was for it too. Because our GREAT man Arko told us so.

But how quickly did he pan it. Virtually as soon as it was set up. Very hypocritical imo

One often makes decisions for the right reason without knowing how things will pan out in the future. Some call it faith.

Arko's influence may have been involved - who knows how much.

Does this mean Matai is a centre next year because Arko is quoted as saying he should on a slow news day?

[quote author=nodd]
What about Max Krilich?
I thought about Max (my all-time favourite player but he was more dominant as Aussie Capt of the Invincibles than he was for Manly. Happy to add him though!
[/quote]

Thanks CW :clap:

byso this all coming from a man who still thinks Howard and Costello are an honest and hard working group of men with our best interests in mind!

Arko made the brave choices that ensured the survival of the club and the League as a whole. It cost us for a while, it didnt cost us in the long run.
By the way if you dig deep enough I am sure you will see his departure was not all his decision!

Dan don't be silly, we all know the libs are out there to shaft us at any opportunity. ;)

I don't think that you understand my point.

1. Arko forced/convinced the club/supporters to merge.
2. Within months of the merger he was dead set against the merger!

byso i get your point I even mentioned it. The point is that it was not exactly his decision mate!

His hand was forced

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4