Manly's all-time biggest rivals

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Manly's all time biggest rivalry?

• Parramatta

Votes: 33 58.9%
  • Balmain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Souths

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Easts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North Sydney

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Referees

Votes: 4 7.1%

• Total voters
Anybody we play.
They all just melt into one emorphous, faceless lump. They're all just one franchise split up into (currently) 15 different but indestinguishable parts. Put on the earth to keep the drooling, dribbling commoners entertained and destracted from their meaningless existances.

Just look at them all and laugh. If they dare talk back to you, put them in their place. They all belong down the back of the bus.

Shoe1 said:
I loathe all the other teams

I agree with duff, but despair for his spell check.

Ipad.
No spell check and a dodgy keyboard. It's hard to type a coherrant sentence, let alone get all the spelling right.
It's all in the vibe.

OneEyedEagle said:
Without a doubt its gotta be Manly's coming back, a good try will do it.

So How do you feel! I feel like a Tooheys or two LA BREW :) Make mine 5 cougars thanks LOL :)

Always got my emotions going and thus why to this day I have hated the slime.

Tooheys LA Brew

The 1977 one was better. Based on a Brookie game on Easter Sunday that year. We still lost though.::(

I go through stages - but at the moment I take extra pleasure when the mighty Sea Eagles beat Eels,Rabbits,Dogs,Storm,and Knights. I cannot believe that Newcastle have not been mentioned more. After the grand final with the Knights in '97 Knights (Harragon swinging arm on Tooves, MacDougall lashing out with the boot and copping Tooves in the face, etc. etc.). It was great to see Manly playing such good footy in the early rounds this year. Round 2, 32-0 was particularly sweet.

Different eras bring different rivalries. In the 70's your main rival was Easts. I remember the game in 74 at the SCG when we beat you 15-5 in a normal game in front of 50,000. That was really something special.

No Nick Politis and big end of town to help influence the refs back in those days eh Ray ? Pagey made the right calls. Kevin Junee said on numerous times that the better team won that day.

Ray Stehr said:
Page was corrupt, as bad as Hartley.

The Roosters biggest rivals should be the Dragons. They're the two teams that were gifted their only premiership of the last 35 years when the best team was stripped of all their points that year.

I'm with Shoe1...all of them! We are Manly,there's no 2nd teams,and they are all number 1 enemy when they pull on a jersey against us!!

Ray Stehr said:
So you think teams that cheat should be allowed to carry on as normal.

Not at all, but you must feel so much pride knowing that's the only way your club was able to win a premiership in the last 37 years. Lol.

That rivalry didn't last long Raymond. A year after the Red, White and Blue Sea Pedestrians won their last premiership for 27 years, Manly-Warringah won its third title, then another (and that was after Fulton had defected), then another one in 1987 (when they defeated the Goosters in the major semi), then another in 1996 (when you guessed it, we beat the Roosters in another semi) then two more post 2002. That of course was when your Club won its last title before eventualy settling back into its standard mediocrity, including its fifth wooden spoon, just for 'old times' sake.

Any success the Roosters enjoy is invariably short-term. You're the Bulldogs of the East. World beaters one year, cellar dwellers the next. What's the betting this current coach will be gone in about two years because Uncle Nick will not be satisfied, without another title, before he shuffles off? Do you remember Chris Anderson's last game as Roosters coach? We all do.

In summary, Manly's record since joining the competition in 1947 is so superior to your Club's, (8 premierships vs 3, no wooden spoons vs your 5 over the same timeframe) with its penny-packet junior league (the Chooks should have merged with the Rabbits - that other white meat - years ago), that I really can't understand why any Roosters fan, with any self-awareness, would go onto another club's site to brag. Especially when your Club's record versus Manly's is well, so mediocre. Wow, 40 wins over Manly to our 79 over the Roosters. Awesome stuff.

Give our regards to the Stehr family - who played a significant role via (the real) Ray and Arnold, in the early history of our Club. That could explain your presence here - it's a Freudian one.

I went for Parra, as I was born in 76 and the early 80's was great for rivalry. Plus having a lot of friends who support the eels is always good for a laugh.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2