Manly's 6.6 million Xmas Gift...Foz/DCE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Whatever way it goes is fine by me, I just want it sorted well before the 2015 season begins. If Foz wants to be somewhere else then so be it. If he has already signed without first talking to Penn & Co then that will be very poor form indeed.
I suspect Foz has not yet signed anywhere else, he strikes me as a very honourable young man who wouldn't do that to the Penn family who have supported him and the Stewarts through & through.

I really do appreciate the thought Uncle Penn, but I'd be happier with the money. I can email you my bank details if you'd like. Or, I do accept brown paper bags. :D

WAMF said:
I don't want to be the bearer of such ordinary news but a usually very reliable little birdy informed me last night that Foz has agreed to terms with the Warriors. The deal, which includes a hefty 3rd party sponsorship, will commence season 2016 and the signing is due to be announced by Foz/Warriors following the current international series. Something about the club paying 1.2 mil + 800k being sponsorship.

I would be only too thrilled to be wrong about the above.

The same rumour is on the warrior's forum. The source is a 17 year old poster.
The Penns have said they're in talk with Foran's management.
We'll just have to see what happens and move on if he goes. I'd be quite devastated but our team goes on.

niccipops said:
WAMF said:
I don't want to be the bearer of such ordinary news but a usually very reliable little birdy informed me last night that Foz has agreed to terms with the Warriors. The deal, which includes a hefty 3rd party sponsorship, will commence season 2016 and the signing is due to be announced by Foz/Warriors following the current international series. Something about the club paying 1.2 mil + 800k being sponsorship.

We'll just have to see what happens and move on if he goes. I'd be quite devastated but our team goes on.

Well, if you can't trust a 17 year old NZ kid, who can you trust?? ;)

Sea Eagles can’t lose Daly Cherry-Evans and Keiran Foran, Manly veteran Matt Ballin warns
James MacSmith AAP November 06, 2014 6:34PM 1

MANLY veteran Matt Ballin has urged the Sea Eagles’ new powerbrokers to swiftly sort out the futures of Daly Cherry-Evans and Kieran Foran, for fear a protracted re-signing saga could derail the club’s 2015 NRL campaign.

The Sea Eagles’ premiership tilt this year was upset by player disenchantment at management’s failure to secure club legend Glenn Stewart’s future at Brookvale.

It was an ongoing issue that eventually resulted in Anthony Watmough’s move to Parramatta, Steve Matai’s request for a release to join the Warriors and constant talk linking Brett Stewart to NRL rivals, despite being under contract until the end of 2016.

Speculation over the futures of superstar halves duo Cherry-Evans and Foran has the potential to unsettle Manly from within again in 2015.

But with a new ownership structure in place under majority millionaire shareholder Rick Penn, coupled with the stewardship of new chief executive Joe Kelly, Manly have the chance to shore up the long-term future of the club by securing the services of Cherry-Evans and Foran.

Both players will be highly sought after, and are set to each demand contracts worth $1 million a season.

“I would like it to be sorted out as quickly as possible. I would love them to stay at the club, to play alongside them for the rest of my career and, hopefully, their career at the club too,” Ballin said on Thursday when asked if he would like the matter to be determined before the start of the 2015 season.

“The quicker that it can be done the better but, obviously, there are procedures that need to be followed and the players want to make sure that they are being looked after and doing the best thing for themselves.

“The faster it can be settled, that would be good for the club, but it is going to take time.

“As far as I know, they definitely want to stay and play, they both debuted for the club and played a major role in the history of the club so far and I think they would like to continue that.”

Ballin said he believed Matai and Brett Stewart wouldn’t leave Brookvale. The 30-year-old hooker unveiled Manly’s 2015 jersey on Thursday alongside recruit Willie Mason.

Mason joins Zane Tetevano, Feleti Mateo, Brayden Wiliame and Siosaia Vave as signings ahead of next season, with Jason King (retired) joining Watmough and Glenn Stewart (South Sydney) as departures.

Ballin said Mason, 34, brought some much-needed size upfront.

“It is exciting. He brings a lot of experience to our side. We have lost a few players over the last couple of years and he will really step into that role,” Ballin said.

[Edit - Just tidied up formatting - C&C]

Also I hear that the kiwis want to change his name to Kevin Foran, and Liam is henceforth to be known as Ian.

Matt Ballin, seriously in the same class as Killer when it comes to Representing our great club. No complaining just positive reinforcement every time he speaks (which is not that often). He was the biggest loss at the end of last season

Chip and Chase said:
Sheikheagle said:
Can someone please let Scott know that Ryan has said foz is gone so he is wasting his time.

Penn has a cunning plan. He has bought the cafe where the manly players divulge all their secret contract negotiations. He has all the inside info he needs now to pull this off.

We'll see, won't we fellas? Someone will be eating crud pie, won't they, and I'll be HAPPY to admit I was wrong if he does sign (even though players DO change their minds), but I'm betting when the flip side happens, it'll be all quiet on the western front, and it will be twisted somehow, and I'll still be wrong.

I don't know anything about a 17 year old but I'm putting my faith in a $425 per hour lawyer that told me about this yesterday knowing I am a Sea Eagles fanatic. No, I didn't pay for the tip.
He is not even a RL supporter, so has no vested interest.
He assured me that he wasn't telling ka ka poo poo's.
I hope he's dead wrong.

mozgrame said:
niccipops said:
WAMF said:

Well, if you can't trust a 17 year old NZ kid, who can you trust?? ;)

WAMF, is it $2 million? ie $1.2 million in cap plus $800k 3rd party or is it $400k in cap plus $800k 3rd party?

Ralphie said:
WAMF, is it $2 million? ie $1.2 million in cap plus $800k 3rd party or is it $400k in cap plus $800k 3rd party?

Mate, that's the part I grilled him about but he wasn't assuring me that he was precise with the Warriors cap $ vs 3rd party details. Those figures were to the best of his recollection.
The 800k could be over 2 seasons.

Ralphie said:

He does say $1.2 Million PLUS $800k sponsorship (3rd party deals), would make him leagues highest paid player, probably far exceeding Cameron Smith, universally rated as the best player in the game.

If true it's crazy, no seriously crazy money for a player I rate as a good 5/8 but certainly not in the same league as say Thurston / Cronk ( yes I know they are 7 and not 6 but these days they are one in the same).

And if the $800k is true then God help us all as rich clubs, and one city clubs are going to own the best players through 3rd party deals.

Imagine if you will, Russell Crowe forgoes his next 25 million dollar movie deal in favour of buying the 13 best players in the game for a two year deal worth 2 million a year for each player.

Almost ( yes almost) guarantees two Premierships in a row.

What a horrific thought that is.

If Foran signs with the warriors for the reported figure then players like Johnston will be mighty pissed off as his pay packet.

Expect lots is player disharmony and they won't win a comp in the near future.

WAMF said:
I don't know anything about a 17 year old but I'm putting my faith in a $425 per hour lawyer

So he's just a legal clerk then ?

Ryan said:
Chip and Chase said:
Sheikheagle said:
Can someone please let Scott know that Ryan has said foz is gone so he is wasting his time.

Penn has a cunning plan. He has bought the cafe where the manly players divulge all their secret contract negotiations. He has all the inside info he needs now to pull this off.

We'll see, won't we fellas? Someone will be eating crud pie, won't they, and I'll be HAPPY to admit I was wrong if he does sign (even though players DO change their minds), but I'm betting when the flip side happens, it'll be all quiet on the western front, and it will be twisted somehow, and I'll still be wrong.

It's not the issue of what you think you know, it's having to read about it in every thread where Foran's name is mentioned. We get it, you think he is leaving, most players do eventually, let's just see what happens. I highly doubt it will be to Parramatta with Choc though, nor does it seem likely Snake is off to the Titans which was the other 66% of the rumour you are hanging your hat on as being the good oil. Just saying "Foran is gone" covers about 15 clubs and another 12 months at least. The odds may well be in your favour, who knows, time will tell.

I just hate the BS and made up stories we get fed , both on here and other forms of social media.

Almost no one prefaces their statements with " I read in the telegraph" or " I heard it on Talkin Sport" , or " I heard it from a mate in the pub", so it's like everyone is an expert, at least WAMF said " from a reliable source".

My best guess on this is Foz agreed to terms with Warriors for around $1 million a season or thereabouts before the Penn takeover. I doubt he has put pen to paper with them and the change of ownership could swing him back where he belongs. $2 million a year is unreasonable for 1 player with a cap of around $6.75 million.

Are they the same sources which stated that he had signed with the dogs?

Also do you think, if that was the case, his agent would not have gone to the club to try and get them to better / match the offer.... And if that is the case they would not be in the media right now talking about retaining foz (hardly the best pr move)

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8