Manly's 11, 12 and 13

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mal Cochrane

I'm not really Mal Cochrane...
Unfortunately, whether due to injury or what not, our backrow is not giving the us the same dynamics that it did last year.

Stewart looks out of sorts the last few weeks and isn't providing the special plays we know he can. More often then not he is just hitting up a settler. Watmough is doing the simple stuff well, but has too many errors/penalties and hasn't been the same since he was injured a couple of months ago. And T-rex, well, i don;t think he is going badly, but just doesn't inject himself enough.

last year they were the best backrow by far.....I just don;t see it this year and to win the next 2 weeks, we can't just be depending on 10 mins from t-rex, and the rest of the opportunities being provided by the Lyon, Snake and Taufua.

these guys have got click in 7 days, because they are the x factor that aren't being an x-factor, if you know what I mean.

Chocs sidewards running is a bit of a concern, and Glenn is getting pumped when he gets the ball, and he's running sidewards a lot too

The only reason Choc Gifty look out of sorts is due to the amount of work they are doing in defense.

Last week against Dogs if Gifty doesnt play Bulldogs probably would of scored 2-3 more tries the way we handed the ball over to them.

Every Cowboy Gifty tackled tonight got up ginger afterwards.

Choc is just being Choc :p the sideways running is his trademark.

If choc stops giving away penalties then he has less work to do in defense!

His second penalty led to the first try.

However, tooves will get them back on track so I certainly wont be too harsh because 1) what do I know? and 2) We won (that's what I know.)

when manly tried to send the ball down lyon's side last night by the time gift got the ball the defenders were already up on him, giving him limited to no time to do much. hopefully next week they will give him the ball sooner

Glen played alot better this week ,last week he was shocking ,worst game ive ever seen him play..Watmough on the other hand ,is always good for 2 - 3 penalties a game ,& has some of the worst hands in first grade .Thank god he makes up for it in other aspects of his game.

Glens pass to Oldfield for our first try was perfect, quick hands giving Oldfield a saloon passage. Great in defence too. Looks to me like Choc's playing injured.

Glenn Stewart has been playing injured for at least the five or six weeks- he is continually holding his right arm close into his chest when not in play. He probably shouldn't be playing.

As for Choc and Trex, I thought they were two who stood up last night when things looked pretty gloomy fifteen minutes into the second half.

Geez guys we are in the prelim final give em a break. Yes they are all playing with some pretty serious injuries but they are giving it 100% of what they have.

mickqld said:
Geez guys we are in the prelim final give em a break. Yes they are all playing with some pretty serious injuries but they are giving it 100% of what they have.

Geez Mick, you didn't even think we'd win! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

:D

Vyssini said:
Glenn Stewart has been playing injured for at least the five or six weeks- he is continually holding his right arm close into his chest when not in play. He probably shouldn't be playing.

Thats not it. He has been holding his arm like that since a time well back into last season. So its not an ongoing injury.

Mal Cochrane said:
Unfortunately, whether due to injury or what not, our backrow is not giving the us the same dynamics that it did last year.

Stewart looks out of sorts the last few weeks and isn't providing the special plays we know he can. More often then not he is just hitting up a settler. Watmough is doing the simple stuff well, but has too many errors/penalties and hasn't been the same since he was injured a couple of months ago. And T-rex, well, i don;t think he is going badly, but just doesn't inject himself enough.

I'm with Mal on this - Choc ok, but could be better, Stewart's been a passenger in attack and T-rex just not doing enough. For a guy his size he's been going down go easily once the defence grabs him. He's not an 80 min player for mine - surely would be much more effective with 50 mins off the bench, I think Toovs has it wrong on this one.

G Stewart was really out on his feet in the last 10 minutes or so. Not sure if his knee was giving him trouble or what, but I'd never seen him like that before.

Brushed this the first time I read it but seeing as it has resurfaced...........

Choc - you get what you get from Choc and I wouldn't swap him for anyone!!! Everyone dips in and out of form and even at 75% he is awesome!

Gifty - While he may seem "a little" out of sorts, he is still producing thsoe amazing passes and hitting hard in defence.

T-Rex - love watching him and like every other Manly supporter wishes he would do more but you cannot be a wrecking ball for every minute of an 80 minute game.

All in all a pretty awesome back row, well coached and all heart!

GO MANLY B2B

anthonyb1965 said:
Brushed this the first time I read it but seeing as it has resurfaced...........

Choc - you get what you get from Choc and I wouldn't swap him for anyone!!! Everyone dips in and out of form and even at 75% he is awesome!

Gifty - While he may seem "a little" out of sorts, he is still producing thsoe amazing passes and hitting hard in defence.

T-Rex - love watching him and like every other Manly supporter wishes he would do more but you cannot be a wrecking ball for every minute of an 80 minute game.

All in all a pretty awesome back row, well coached and all heart!

GO MANLY B2B

Agree 100% with this.

I wouldn't swap any one of them with any other backrowers that are left in the finals. Maybe T Rex seeing as he is going for Gallen but thats all.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4