Manly will be a premiership threat-Reilly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Just a step, Reilly says

Zorba

9 February 2008
http://manlydaily.com.au/article/2008/02/09/8648_sports.html

FORMER Great Britain and Newcastle coach Malcolm Reilly says Manly will be a real premiership threat in 2008 and will benefit from last year's grand-final defeat by Melbourne Storm.

Reilly knows what it takes to win a premiership having coached Newcastle to a last-gasp win over Manly in 1997.

A spectator at several Manly games last season, Reilly said the grand-final display was out of character with the team's performance throughout the premiership and in the finals.

"They were ruthless in the finals," Reilly said.

" They started the grand final well but dropped away as the game wore on.

"But they were still in the game at half-time so they weren't far off the pace."

Reilly said he has a lot of faith in Manly coach Des Hasler.

"He is a winner and has improved the side every year. There's only one step to go and I think they'll give it a shake," he said.

THE late great Frank Hyde was remembered by family and friends on Thursday. The voice of the game and one of life's special people would have turned 92.

Frank passed away last September but will be in the thoughts of many in this centenary year of rugby league, a game he served so well as a fine player and incomparable broadcaster.

Ironically, his beloved North Sydney Bears will celebrate 100 years tomorrow at North Sydney Oval with a host of special activities and a goalkicking contest featuring Darryl Halligan and former player and now Souths coach Jason Taylor.

AFTER a two-year wait, the courageous kids at the Arranounbai School for special needs children finally have a brand new school bus courtesy of a magnificent community involvement spearheaded by the Manly Sea Eagles players.

The project, with help from sponsors, supporters, the parents at the school and a dollar-for-dollar boost by the Macquarie Bank came to fruition when the bus was delivered this week.

The now UK-based Michael Monaghan, came up with the fundraising concept and influenced the players to adopt the children at Arranounbai as a special team project.

The Arranounbai-Sea Eagles association won't end with the delivery of the bus. The players have asked the school for a wish list of further needy requirements.

Take a well-deserved bow boys.

THE Sea Eagles first trial is less than a week away and they will start the 2008 campaign where they left off last season against the Melbourne Storm.

Manly will play Melbourne at Bluetongue Stadium in Gosford next Friday and the Sea Eagles can't wait to get off the training field and out of the gym. Skipper Matt Orford has asked for some playing time against the Storm.

"We have spent a long time preparing and it will be good to start playing again," Orford said.

There'll be some new talent in the trial and I especially like the look of strong ex-Parramatta centre David Williams who was a star in the Premier League.

Berkeley_Eagle link said:
There'll be some new talent in the trial and I especially like the look of strong ex-Parramatta centre David Williams who was a star in the Premier League.

This poor bloke gets the 2008 Zorba kiss of death I see.

Not at all.  Just using the expressive feeling secondary to express my primary inrtoverted intuition.

How's your attempts at world domination going Mr ENTJ?  ;)

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Berkeley_Eagle link=topic=176889.msg177646#msg177646 date=1202498659]

This poor bloke gets the 2008 Zorba kiss of death I see.
[/quote]

Well it has cost a few players their career

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8