Manly want to re-sign reborn coach Des Hasler on a long-term deal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mitch

Bencher
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...l/news-story/0a089b7a51ca3cce589996f3008c1a15

Sea Eagles chairman and co-owner Scott Penn wants to again make Manly miracle worker Des Hasler a long-term coach at Brookvale.

While no formal dialogue has started about a contract extension, Penn said Hasler had found the “magic formula” at Manly this season.

Hasler has another two years remaining on his deal but Penn will discuss the coach’s long-term future at the end of the season.

Asked if Manly wanted to extend Hasler’s second stint as coach at the club, Penn said: “Of course, of course. That’s how I felt eight years ago (when Hasler left for Canterbury). Nothing has changed.

“I know what he’s capable of and how much respect he garners within the playing group. That’s important.

“One of the great things we have always known about Des is that he always gets the best out of people.

“He shows superstars how they can improve and he shows up-and-comers what is possible. That is always the magic formula and he is demonstrating it again, which is great.

“I think it (Hasler’s return) was good timing for both of us. He needed us and we needed him.

“It was certainly the right move and I think we always knew we had a fantastic squad with great potential. We just needed the right person to bring it out.”

Pressed on a possible upgrade to Hasler’s contract, Penn said: “The fact is we struck what we all thought was a fair contract at the time and we still think it’s right.

“We are in the first year of a three-year contract so there’s no need to do anything at this point. It’s probably premature.

“As all coaches have, there are significant bonuses and the like in contracts for performance.

“Let’s see how we end the year and take it from there. There is no hurry on either side at this point. Let’s wait and see how the year pans out and we will take it from.”

With internal expectations low, most believed Manly would finish among the bottom four sides in the NRL.

Incredibly, the Sea Eagles are lying fourth with three rounds remaining.

“Look, I don’t think anyone is surprised by how we are performing,” Penn said.

“As a lot of the boys continually say in interviews, they are of the belief there is further improvement yet.

“Finals are always about momentum and you want to have momentum coming in. If we can keep that momentum going, we certainly have the potential to do well.

“When you’re in, we all know anything can happen. Everyone is in a good space but we’re not getting ahead of ourselves.”

Jake and Tom Trbojevic are free agents from November 1.

“We have made it no secret that they are a key priority for us,” Penn said. “We see them as the future of the club.

“At the same time, we have to be prudent with our cap management. But we understand their worth and we are doing everything we can to make sure we deliver. We have a recruitment and retention committee.

“They are certainly very important to us and there has been dialogue with their management.

“We are still in the process. I don’t want to speculate or talk too much about it but we are happy with the way it has been managed.”

Manly are continuing their hunt for a new CEO.

The Daily Telegraph revealed last week that former Wests Tigers boss Stephen Humphreys was a candidate.

“We are close but we’re not ready to announce anything at this point,” Penn said.

“But (that will happen) in the next couple of weeks, most likely. I haven’t spoken specifically about anyone who is in the mix.”

I heard the Dogs were interested in him.

giphy.gif

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...l/news-story/0a089b7a51ca3cce589996f3008c1a15

Sea Eagles chairman and co-owner Scott Penn wants to again make Manly miracle worker Des Hasler a long-term coach at Brookvale.

While no formal dialogue has started about a contract extension, Penn said Hasler had found the “magic formula” at Manly this season.

Hasler has another two years remaining on his deal but Penn will discuss the coach’s long-term future at the end of the season.

Asked if Manly wanted to extend Hasler’s second stint as coach at the club, Penn said: “Of course, of course. That’s how I felt eight years ago (when Hasler left for Canterbury). Nothing has changed.

“I know what he’s capable of and how much respect he garners within the playing group. That’s important.

“One of the great things we have always known about Des is that he always gets the best out of people.

“He shows superstars how they can improve and he shows up-and-comers what is possible. That is always the magic formula and he is demonstrating it again, which is great.

“I think it (Hasler’s return) was good timing for both of us. He needed us and we needed him.

“It was certainly the right move and I think we always knew we had a fantastic squad with great potential. We just needed the right person to bring it out.”

Pressed on a possible upgrade to Hasler’s contract, Penn said: “The fact is we struck what we all thought was a fair contract at the time and we still think it’s right.

“We are in the first year of a three-year contract so there’s no need to do anything at this point. It’s probably premature.

“As all coaches have, there are significant bonuses and the like in contracts for performance.

“Let’s see how we end the year and take it from there. There is no hurry on either side at this point. Let’s wait and see how the year pans out and we will take it from.”

With internal expectations low, most believed Manly would finish among the bottom four sides in the NRL.

Incredibly, the Sea Eagles are lying fourth with three rounds remaining.

“Look, I don’t think anyone is surprised by how we are performing,” Penn said.

“As a lot of the boys continually say in interviews, they are of the belief there is further improvement yet.

“Finals are always about momentum and you want to have momentum coming in. If we can keep that momentum going, we certainly have the potential to do well.

“When you’re in, we all know anything can happen. Everyone is in a good space but we’re not getting ahead of ourselves.”

Jake and Tom Trbojevic are free agents from November 1.

“We have made it no secret that they are a key priority for us,” Penn said. “We see them as the future of the club.

“At the same time, we have to be prudent with our cap management. But we understand their worth and we are doing everything we can to make sure we deliver. We have a recruitment and retention committee.

“They are certainly very important to us and there has been dialogue with their management.

“We are still in the process. I don’t want to speculate or talk too much about it but we are happy with the way it has been managed.”

Manly are continuing their hunt for a new CEO.

The Daily Telegraph revealed last week that former Wests Tigers boss Stephen Humphreys was a candidate.

“We are close but we’re not ready to announce anything at this point,” Penn said.

“But (that will happen) in the next couple of weeks, most likely. I haven’t spoken specifically about anyone who is in the mix.”
@Fluffy won’t be happy.

Outine doesn't support the link.

OK

Right click link and click copy
Open a new tab or window

click paste NOT paste and go to.

The link will be in the new tab.

Go to the left of the address and delete the whole https/outline.com// bullpoop, IE just leave the original paper's link.

Hit enter

article will appear (assuming you also have an anti-paywall thingiemajig

If not.... go away

Great news ... but sign quickly Dessie .... as both Penn and the doggies have shown previously ... they quickly forget the results when the bills keep coming in ...

9788B05B-F472-4614-82F3-63A30F9D18CE.jpeg
Outine doesn't support the link.

OK

Right click link and click copy
Open a new tab or window

click paste NOT paste and go to.

The link will be in the new tab.

Go to the left of the address and delete the whole https/outline.com// bullpoop, IE just leave the original paper's link.

Hit enter

article will appear (assuming you also have an anti-paywall thingiemajig

If not.... go away
Heheheh ;)

At the end of Dessies tenure as coach, whenever that may be, I would like to see him retained as head of football.
Wish it had happened when Tooves was coach but I guess that ship has sailed...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6