Manly vs Rabbids [Round 22 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Roger said:
In a strange way I wouldnt be too upset to see Souths win, will make them the media darlings and favourites. We can continue on to win the GF under the radar with no pressure while the media have their love affair with Souths

I would be upset to lose but not devastatingly so. If the wabbits win they will become more than firm favourites & subject to the same crushing expectation they suffered last year.

We all know how that turned out for them.

And don't forget they're Starlo's old team (that didn't rate him enough to keep him) so I'm really hoping Josh gets his 1st MOM on Friday.

I know it's a long-shot but a win over them at the famous SCG, and a firming of our grip on the minor premiership, with an ex-Souths prop as best on the ground, would kick this coming weekend off just about right!

Remember they're losing Sam Burgess soon, too.

Let's make em look twice as silly.

Lets not forget Souths were up 14-0 after 20 minutes against Manly in the final last year. It took a lucky turnover of possession followed by a freakish try from the Stewart boys to turn the ship around.

Brissie Kid said:
Lets not forget Souths were up 14-0 after 20 minutes against Manly in the final last year. It took a lucky turnover of possession followed by a freakish try from the Stewart boys to turn the ship around.
That was no luck that was all class .

From memory Souths were up 14-0 and on a roll. Then their halfback dropped the ball. It was from that mistake Manly got the ball back & the momentum turned. I agree there was nothing lucky about what Manly did after that, but the Souths knock on was a lucky break. Also Gift smashing Burgess across the melon early on in the game helped to keep him quite all night.

Does this mean the 1995 retro jersey is back for tomorrow night's game?

707623-daafa32e-1d23-11e4-8adb-938012f29f27.jpg

Manly’s historic triumphs at the SCG has the Sea Eagles primed for Rabbitohs blockbuster
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manlys-historic-triumphs-at-the-scg-has-the-sea-eagles-primed-for-rabbitohs-blockbuster/story-fni3gnk1-1227015708013

Looks like the only current Manly players to have played at the SCG are those from the 2006 game. Snake, Matai, King & Choc. http://stats.rleague.com/rl/scorers/games/2006/200604301318.html

Hate that jersey - Maroon&White are our Club colours :exclamation:

What happened to the official Away Jersey that we wore against the Warriors? Who comes up with these dumb ideas :huh:

So far 3/5 losses in 2014 were in this jersey :dodgy:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manlys-historic-triumphs-at-the-scg-has-the-sea-eagles-primed-for-rabbitohs-blockbuster/story-fni3gnk1-1227015708013

Manly’s historic triumphs at the SCG has the Sea Eagles primed for Rabbitohs blockbuster
DEAN RITCHIE THE DAILY TELEGRAPH AUGUST 07, 2014

IF you think Manly love playing at Brookvale Oval, wait until they get back to the scene of some of the club’s greatest victories.

On Wednesday, Brett Stewart spoke about the Sea Eagles’ historic return to the Sydney Cricket Ground on Friday night, where the star fullback will line-up against South Sydney star Greg Inglis.

In a possible grand final preview, Manly will run out on to the famous ground that played host to five of the club’s eight premiership successes — in 1972, 1973, 1976, 1978 and 1987.

“The SCG has a feeling like no other ground,” Stewart said. “It has an aura about it.

“I love playing here. It has a special feel.”

Reminded Manly famously won the 1978 grand final against Cronulla after playing six games in 24 days, Stewart said: “It was enormous. Just thinking about, it’s hard to get your head around.

“It would be impossible to do it in this day and age.

“You have to tip your hat to them. The club’s grand final wins here get brought up through the media a bit.

“Our club has a rich history. Some of the old guys like ‘Wombat’ (Graham Eadie) stay in touch. I speak to him on a regular basis. I am all ears when he has a chat.”

First-placed Manly and second-placed Souths should provide the NRL match of the season.

It will pit Souths’ giant forward pack against Manly’s world-class backline.

“We seem to be ticking along,” Stewart said. “And I don’t think we have hit our straps yet. We have a few games left (before the finals) to tidy-up a few things.”

Some of Manly’s greatest ex-players who won titles at the SCG will attend Friday night’s game.

Stewart meanwhile said injured brother Glenn would start running again later this week or early next week and hopefully be back in two weeks.

Brissie Kid said:
Don't know about that fella on the left who's playing with one of his balls but the one on the right looks handsome, talented, a non-cap cheat, and very Manly.;)
Go the Snake!

I was there for the 2006 Parramatta game where we pipped them by a point (despite the fact that arguably they were slightly the better side that day).
Excellent day, excellent win.

Mark from Brisbane said:
I see on the news this morning that sleaze bag (S) Burgess may be back, good bring it on arsehole!!
We need him to be there Mark because he motivates our team more than he motivates his :D

This is building nicely, and appropriately now too!

1st versus 2nd and at the SCG...Very possibly a GF preview.

I'm glad Snake referenced the 78 superheroes.

This squad has a red-hot chance to make their own history now.

What will the weather be in SYD tomorrow night? I fly down from the warm GC and don't want to freeze.
Also a fast pitch will suit our backs.

RiverEagle said:
This is building nicely, and appropriately now too!
1st versus 2nd and at the SCG...Very possibly a GF preview.

I'm glad Snake referenced the 78 superheroes.

This squad has a red-hot chance to make their own history now.
I want Snake to score two tries at the southern end on the Left Hand side. :idea: Preferably in the 2nd half: steaming on to the ball. Ohh, the memories :exclamation:

BOZO said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
I see on the news this morning that sleaze bag (S) Burgess may be back, good bring it on arsehole!!
We need him to be there Mark because he motivates our team more than he motivates his :D

When Matai smashes a burgi this time it better not be a penalty.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2