Manly Vs Cowboys

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
FlyingHigh said:
I was never a cynic but I can't believe how biased the channel 9 commentary is.

It is beyond ridiculous. I've lost the tiny bit of respect I had for Gus Gould and I didn't have any respect for that cue ball head, mini me bast*rd Sterling anyway.

That was a truly gutsy effort. Especially with all the cowboys hype. The boys shut JT and Bowen down really well.
I didn't want to say it on here earlier this week but I thought we go out this match. Just thought we were too injured and down on our luck. So glad I was wrong.
Stevie back next week. Hats off to Tooves and the boys.

I'm astonished by the commentary. COuldn't believe the way they jumped to the conclusion Foran touched that ball. It was clear that Thurston touched it - and I can honestly say that I'm not being one eyed in saying that. Does anyone think different?

To be honest i didn't think the refs were that bad. I can see how both tries were awarded. I thought forans hand was blocked by jts. And we were the better team without doubt

... and have a look at how far forward that last pass was for the Cowgirl's last try...

sean1976 said:
I'm astonished by the commentary. COuldn't believe the way they jumped to the conclusion Foran touched that ball. It was clear that Thurston touched it - and I can honestly say that I'm not being one eyed in saying that. Does anyone think different?

No I agree. My immediate reaction was that fozs hand was behind thurstons. So it was a fair try.

Snake was ENORMOUS defensively tonight, huge try saver on Tate.... in fact all the boys were pretty solid at the back with Tafua and Oldfield playing great too.

Some promising signs from Gifty too, starting to hit his straps at the right time methinks.

Bring on the purple scum :)

Great tough victory and a better second half than last week. Ball security much better and defence was reasonably solid with the odd glitches. Also the attack looked alot more organized as well. Yes there was some controversial calls in 2 of Manly try's but at the end of the day you create your own luck and you play to the whitsle. Personally I thought both try's were plausible and were awarded as BOTD tries with refs stating the reasons for them. The TMO and the referees made the decisions not the Manly players. Overall I still think the best team deservedly won. Well done boys let's do it again next week!!!

The Cowboys 2nd try was off of a metre forward pass from Thurston to Winterstein. You can't say that momentum carried the ball forward either as JT was running towards the sideline before he passed the ball forward to Winterstein.

Jethro said:
The Cowboys 2nd try was off of a metre forward pass from Thurston to Winterstein. You can't say that momentum carried the ball forward either as JT was running towards the sideline before he passed the ball forward to Winterstein.

Agree 100%. Add to that the FACT that they illegally raked the ball to get possession.

Jethro said:
FlyingHigh said:
If looked like thurstons hand was in front of forans. If maybe wrong but I could see how they awarded it.

That's a possibility too. I'll have to wait until after the game to have another look at it.

Well, I've looked at again numerous times from different angles at both normal and slow speed and I'm with the video refs on this one as I really couldn't 100% say that either of them knocked the ball towards the Cowboys line.

At the end of the day all teams get bad calls, if those tries were against us we would probably be blowing up but the calls went our way tonight. We have been ripped off plenty of times by the video refs so i don't feel bad whatsoever.

Did anyone else see the coat-hanger that Thurston did on Gift at the 65:35 minute mark that was not picked up by the refs? Killer questioned the ref but he was brushed by him and put down the scrum for Gift losing the ball

torana355 said:
At the end of the day all teams get bad calls, if those tries were against us we would probably be blowing up but the calls went our way tonight. We have been ripped off plenty of times by the video refs so i don't feel bad whatsoever.

Me either for that very reason

KOMORI said:
Snake was ENORMOUS defensively tonight, huge try saver on Tate.... in fact all the boys were pretty solid at the back with Tafua and Oldfield playing great too.

Some promising signs from Gifty too, starting to hit his straps at the right time methinks.

Bring on the purple scum :)

Snake was lucky that he didn't end up with a broken jaw. At the 42:43 mark, Thurston puts up the bomb, Snake catches the ball in goaland falls on his arse. As he is falling, Morgan (their number 7) dives at him with his shoulder straight into the side of Snake's jaw. Snake gets up looking over his shoulder and calls Morgan a f***ing cockhead

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8