Manly v Warriors

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
the mauler said:
Fluffy said:
Volley said:
Fluffy said:
panash said:
any news on choc injury ??

well said !!!! never knock a champion

Only had to wait 12 games, better not be 12 more or he will again justifiably be knocked.

He was coming back from a serious injury, he was always going to take a while to hit his straps. The criticisms of Gift were hilariously ridiculous.

Not sure how, guess it is because it is not your opinion. He is one of the highest paid players in the team and 2 months after returning from injury he was putting in performances that made Trex 2012 look like a superstar. We all knew he would eventually come good but in the process he has cost us probably 2-3 wins.

He cost us 2/3 games?? Lol... Didn't know he played any games by himself this season.

thats alittle harsh that he costs us 2-3 games....

missed tackles , bad discipline , lacking in attack doesnt help any football team as a whole...

considering our teams injuries , bad form at times , ref decisions
we are sitting 3rd , - i can live with that

Rex said:
Can someone explain what I missed with the David Gower double movement? I thought the Warriors knocked it on (didn't they?), and Gower moved only about two metres before the double movement? Why not a scrum feed to Manly - clearly no advantage to Manly - rather than a penalty against?

Can't be explained. Should have been a Manly scrum 10m out.

Brissie Kid said:
Rex said:
Can someone explain what I missed with the David Gower double movement? I thought the Warriors knocked it on (didn't they?), and Gower moved only about two metres before the double movement? Why not a scrum feed to Manly - clearly no advantage to Manly - rather than a penalty against?

A similar knock-on by Wests also resulted in a non-sensical decision against Manly. I thought they'd needed to advance at least ten metres for advantage to be non-retractible. Apparently one or two metres is enough now?

Similarly Choc toed through a Warriors knock-on. They dived on the ball and the knock-on was deemed reversed (advantage taken!). Manly clearly would have preferred the scrum from where the knock-on occurred.

There seems to have been a significant change in interpretation of when advantage is taken. Anyone know the new rule, if any?

Brissie Kid said:
Rex said:

I'd hazard a guess that as we'd advanced the ball from the initial error that we'd "taken" our advantage - if he scores no prob but the double movement wipes it out again as it's not an error from us but a rule infringement hence the penalty. Fair enough I reckon.
Also, I think they've tweaked the advantage rule a bit too, a bit more discretion now.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6