Pre-Game Manly v Tigers [Round 9, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

36 22
4 Pines Park
07 May 2022 03:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. turbo
2. christian
3. koula
4.harper
5. garrick
6. foz
7. dce
8. sipley
9. croker
10. marty
11. shmole
12. schuey
13. jakey
14. walks
15. burbo
16. bully
17. keppie

or maybe burbo in the centres for harper and roumanos on the bench..
I believe Tuitavake has recovered from an elbow injury and is good to go, went really well in a trial match bursting through a couple of tacklers. This guy could be the next big thing, in the same mould as Gaucamole.

This isn’t going to be a walk in the park !!

Our main advantage , it’s at Brookvale.

Golden Point maybe
Sounds like you're taking the piss Mark, "golden point maybe" wow.. that's a put down. After watching the Tigpies I'm not sure where there points are going to come from. Saints attack was very limited also, Hunt goes ok, more of a runner of the ball than a organizer. We will carve this mob up.

Sounds like you're taking the piss Mark, "golden point maybe" wow.. that's a put down. After watching the Tigpies I'm not sure where there points are going to come from. Saints attack was very limited also, Hunt goes ok, more of a runner of the ball than a organizer. We will carve this mob up.
I’m doing a @mickqld and seeing if that works

Who do people want between Burbo and Harper for the centre spot? I'm aware there are other options we could go with, but let's be honest, with Des it's between those two.

Who do people want between Burbo and Harper for the centre spot? I'm aware there are other options we could go with, but let's be honest, with Des it's between those two.
I would give Harper a chance for redemption although not much in it.the Tigers centres are pretty average. The other option would be to move tippy toes to centre and then bring in Tafua on the wing. Given Parker is likely to be gone for the season we need it not be a Band-Aid change.

Ok - just under 4 hours to go till the team announcement.

Against my better judgement, this is who I think may be listed today - and why:

Backs
Turbo
- automatic selection - hope he is 100%.
Garrick - automatic selection as left winger.
Harper - opportunity for redemption due to lots of injuries, but will play left side rather than right this time to see how he goes, and to pair him with Garrick who has been steady in defence. Should be counting his blessings that something may have gone his way this week, even if it is injuries to team mates that may give him another starting spot.
Koula - starting to establish himself at right centre, getting familiar with the position, don't complicate him by changing his spot.Watch where you put your head in tackles!
Tuipulotu - takes Saab's spot for the next 4 weeks at right wing; we should see a continuation of good strong carries out of his corner if they kick to him. Really liking how he is kicking on.
Foran - getting better every game this year - amazing application from him. Winning mentality.
Cherry-Evans - tried his heart out to successfully game-manage us to a win last week. Nearly came off. Class performance overall.

There are definitely attacking points in that lot.

My concerns: Harper gets stage fright again, stuffing up our left edge defense this time; or our right edge has issues due to inexperience. A lack of first grade experience is why I haven't listed Weekes (or Burbo as a starting centre); with a lack of pace / slow play the ball as a reason why I have not listed Tafua.

Forwards
Keppie
- adds defensive starch in the middle third, good for the arm wrestle parts of the game. I hope he 'plays smart', and plays to his strengths.
Croaker - best option we have in this role. Adds a lot of defensive cohesion /football smarts in the middle third. Unfortunately - may have to play 80 minutes this week.
Sipley - size, hard straight runs, intimidation straight up. Glad to have him in the side.
Olakau'atu - straight back in at right side second row, should be fresh and ready to rip in.
Schuster - adds so much on the left side, works so well with Foran, hopefully can work well with Harper - maybe add something to the latter's game.
Jurbo - lock him in, Eddie. You'll know we are going well if he gets a spell from an interchange player. I'm hoping that happens at some point.

Interchange
Walker
- doing his roving middle third role, was very good last week. Glad he seems to have overcome his leg injury.
Burbo - gets more confidence with each first grade outing, our 2nd row / centre insurance (and we always seem to need that these days!). Would love to see a 'starring' cameo from him sooner than later. (Running off a Schuster pass for a spectacular try?).
Bullemor - can interchange for both prop and second row if needed; hopefully gets more minutes than last week to get more value from him. We need more value from his position, I think he has it in him to deliver it.
Tapau/ De Luis/ Tuitavake - who wants it the most? Who puts up their hand to make a difference? If I were Des, I would say to Marty, "you have a massive amount more first grade / big game experience than anyone else being considered for your spot - yet here we are." Run hard, tackle hard, good line speed, good completion rate...... it's not rocket science needed from big forwards...!! How about 40 minutes of honest effort, maybe 10 to 15 carries, 150 metres, about 25 tackles with no misses..... (or silly passes)! Own the middle third from the 20th minute to the 60th minute - a crucial time.

The potential for confusion in our back and who gets the final bench spot are the only real concerns for me - as long as Turbo has recovered. If Davey was fully fit, he might be under consideration - would be good if he was. Aloiai should be back the following week, and selection should get easier again.

Here's hoping for a big win (our for and against needs it), and no injuries this week!

I'd go Harper, he would be anxious to atone for that Sharks debacle. Burbo has a tendency to charge out of the line somewhat, and leave a staggered defensive line behind. But If Burbo is picked I'll be behind him 100% though..

Ok - just under 4 hours to go till the team announcement.

Against my better judgement, this is who I think may be listed today - and why:

Backs
Turbo
- automatic selection - hope he is 100%.
Garrick - automatic selection as left winger.
Harper - opportunity for redemption due to lots of injuries, but will play left side rather than right this time to see how he goes, and to pair him with Garrick who has been steady in defence. Should be counting his blessings that something may have gone his way this week, even if it is injuries to team mates that may give him another starting spot.
Koula - starting to establish himself at right centre, getting familiar with the position, don't complicate him by changing his spot.Watch where you put your head in tackles!
Tuipulotu - takes Saab's spot for the next 4 weeks at right wing; we should see a continuation of good strong carries out of his corner if they kick to him. Really liking how he is kicking on.
Foran - getting better every game this year - amazing application from him. Winning mentality.
Cherry-Evans - tried his heart out to successfully game-manage us to a win last week. Nearly came off. Class performance overall.

There are definitely attacking points in that lot.

My concerns: Harper gets stage fright again, stuffing up our left edge defense this time; or our right edge has issues due to inexperience. A lack of first grade experience is why I haven't listed Weekes (or Burbo as a starting centre); with a lack of pace / slow play the ball as a reason why I have not listed Tafua.

Forwards
Keppie
- adds defensive starch in the middle third, good for the arm wrestle parts of the game. I hope he 'plays smart', and plays to his strengths.
Croaker - best option we have in this role. Adds a lot of defensive cohesion /football smarts in the middle third. Unfortunately - may have to play 80 minutes this week.
Sipley - size, hard straight runs, intimidation straight up. Glad to have him in the side.
Olakau'atu - straight back in at right side second row, should be fresh and ready to rip in.
Schuster - adds so much on the left side, works so well with Foran, hopefully can work well with Harper - maybe add something to the latter's game.
Jurbo - lock him in, Eddie. You'll know we are going well if he gets a spell from an interchange player. I'm hoping that happens at some point.

Interchange
Walker
- doing his roving middle third role, was very good last week. Glad he seems to have overcome his leg injury.
Burbo - gets more confidence with each first grade outing, our 2nd row / centre insurance (and we always seem to need that these days!). Would love to see a 'starring' cameo from him sooner than later. (Running off a Schuster pass for a spectacular try?).
Bullemor - can interchange for both prop and second row if needed; hopefully gets more minutes than last week to get more value from him. We need more value from his position, I think he has it in him to deliver it.
Tapau/ De Luis/ Tuitavake - who wants it the most? Who puts up their hand to make a difference? If I were Des, I would say to Marty, "you have a massive amount more first grade / big game experience than anyone else being considered for your spot - yet here we are." Run hard, tackle hard, good line speed, good completion rate...... it's not rocket science needed from big forwards...!! How about 40 minutes of honest effort, maybe 10 to 15 carries, 150 metres, about 25 tackles with no misses..... (or silly passes)! Own the middle third from the 20th minute to the 60th minute - a crucial time.

The potential for confusion in our back and who gets the final bench spot are the only real concerns for me - as long as Turbo has recovered. If Davey was fully fit, he might be under consideration - would be good if he was. Aloiai should be back the following week, and selection should get easier again.

Here's hoping for a big win (our for and against needs it), and no injuries this week!
My only changes would be, Tuitavake for Bullymore and Barney for Kapop.

My only changes would be, Tuitavake for Bullymore and Barney for Kapop.
I don't think Des will put in a lower grade player, however promising, but also just back from injury (Tuitavake) for a player that he undoubtedly had a hand recruiting to the club recently - who can cover both prop and second row - and who is as fast as most of our backs (Bullemor). And also probably smarter than most of our first grade side as well.

As for the other two - I'll admit I'm confused. I didn't know the following were playing for us:

1651547299293.png

1651547372293.png

Getting in a cartoon character to play instead of Korean popstars is hardly like for like.

It's probably illegal to play 7 somewhat tuneful (?) Koreans to play as one interchange player in the first place; I'm sure the ref (however incompetent) is going to notice if we put 19 players on the field at once, even if it makes the idea of 'gang-tackling' an appealing option.

A cartoon character instead, though? Maybe the Road Runner in the backs as an option............or Scooby Doo could help solve our defensive mysteries. Fred Flintstone is probably more prop-forward size in all reality. Unfortunately - given that they are all celluloid images on film - or computer-generated images, any defense at all is probably too much for them. Not really "yabba dabba doo", more like "yabba dabba don't", I would think. :cool:

I don't think Des will put in a lower grade player, however promising, but also just back from injury (Tuitavake) for a player that he undoubtedly had a hand recruiting to the club recently - who can cover both prop and second row - and who is as fast as most of our backs (Bullemor). And also probably smarter than most of our first grade side as well.

As for the other two - I'll admit I'm confused. I didn't know the following were playing for us:

View attachment 20953

View attachment 20954

Getting in a cartoon character to play instead of Korean popstars is hardly like for like.

It's probably illegal to play 7 somewhat tuneful (?) Koreans to play as one interchange player in the first place; I'm sure the ref (however incompetent) is going to notice if we put 19 players on the field at once, even if it makes the idea of 'gang-tackling' an appealing option.

A cartoon character instead, though? Maybe the Road Runner in the backs as an option............or Scooby Doo could help solve our defensive mysteries. Fred Flintstone is probably more prop-forward size in all reality. Unfortunately - given that they are all celluloid images on film - or computer-generated images, any defense at all is probably too much for them. Not really "yabba dabba doo", more like "yabba dabba don't", I would think. :cool:
Mate, after that recommending summery of Tuitavake, surely you have to agree with him getting a bench spot at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14